Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ever wondered how good Orvilles really are, follow up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Ever wondered how good Orvilles really are, follow up Reply with quote

Dear Orville (and by Gibson) lovers,

I told you the story of how I sold my '96 Fujigen Orville to a local guitar player in one of my previous posts.

Here is the evidence that the guitar is now is extremely good company )

http://www.slide.com/r/QXFyEFaW5z8aQIVZfa8NerhOjAhiooLb?map=2&cy=ms

The Orville is guitar no. 2. He only changed the thrusrod cover. His latest guitar is a '58 VOS Custom shop Les Paul. Have a look at all the impressive guitars that pass by. Would this guy buy anything below standard?

Once again, Fujigen Orville guitars are excellent and with some decent hard ware (also goes for Obg because they have exactly the same Japanse, yes sir , no USA stuff there, hardware bar the PU's) they are amongst the best out there, and if you add in the price, you can't get any better!

Cheers!
scooticus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. That's a nice collection indeed.
t.olsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the chambered Gibson bodys,my opinion is that orvilles and obgs are even better,the wood quality used for mij guitars is another point gibson cannot beat.It's a shame to tell the people gibsons are close copy to the holy grail and sell chambered bodys or for the much more expensive reissues drill holes into
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 335s. I don't trust him.
soundcreation
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t.olsen wrote:
Regarding the chambered Gibson bodys,my opinion is that orvilles and obgs are even better,the wood quality used for mij guitars is another point gibson cannot beat.It's a shame to tell the people gibsons are close copy to the holy grail and sell chambered bodys or for the much more expensive reissues drill holes into

???Gibson reissues (custom shop) are solid body. As for wood quality being better on orvilles I think that's exaggerating. If you believe the honduran vs African hype then gibsons would be better. I personally think it comes down to the pieces used. Is it good and resonant or is it dead. Not too heavy not too light..etc. A nice piece of african will be better than a crap piece of honduran and vice versa.
t.olsen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundcreation wrote:
t.olsen wrote:

???Gibson reissues (custom shop) are solid body. As for wood quality being better on orvilles I think that's exaggerating. If you believe the honduran vs African hype then gibsons would be better. I personally think it comes down to the pieces used. Is it good and resonant or is it dead. Not too heavy not too light..etc. A nice piece of african will be better than a crap piece of honduran and vice versa.

You are right,my fault http://www.lespaulforum.com/faqpage.html#weighti
Had something different in my mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: