Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turner Acoustic Guitars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skybone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so most people here play or at least talk about electrics, but on my travels around the music shops in the area, I've been seeing these acoustic guitars that look nice and have an incredibly reasonable price tag, even though none of the press seem to have mentioned them at all.

Let's start at the beginning of this tale. I own(ed) an Applause AE128, which was basically a Korean made copy of an Ovation by Ovation. Now this was a lovely playing guitar, but recently I've been feeling that it didn't sound right. More than likely this was down to the shallow bowl back, as it sounded frail and glassy, cold if you will.

Then I played a Yamaha APX5 12 String which sounded lovely and warm. And so the die was cast. Got to get myself a wooden body acoustic. Tried a few out like Tanglewood, Yamaha and Takamine, but the Turner kept saying "Try ME, try ME", and the rest is as they say history. Apparently they are very close to Taylors, with a solid spruce top, Ovangkol back and sides (not stated whether they are solid or laminated) and mahogany neck, with a 4 band EQ. Also not stated is where they are made. More than likely, especially when one considers the price of these guitars, they are of Korean origin for a British company (like Burns). The price? A mere ?299.00!

http://www.turnerguitars.com

[ This Message was edited by: Skybone on 2002-04-29 13:41 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: