Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST55 - at a price!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njnall
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: ST55 - at a price! Reply with quote

Whilst out on a day trip to York today I happened to pass a music shop on Fossgate and in the window display was a Goldstar. Similar or maybe even the same colour as one that FM ?kewe? sold recently except this one has a RW board, it looked in good condition, but not quite good enough methinks to justify the ?699 price tag. Had to repair to the pub very quickly to get a drink luckily it?s next door ......... for medicinal purposes you understand to help me recover from the shock.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ST55 - at a price! Reply with quote

njnall wrote:
Whilst out on a day trip to York today I happened to pass a music shop on Fossgate and in the window display was a Goldstar. Similar or maybe even the same colour as one that FM ?kewe? sold recently except this one has a RW board, it looked in good condition, but not quite good enough methinks to justify the ?699 price tag. Had to repair to the pub very quickly to get a drink luckily it?s next door ......... for medicinal purposes you understand to help me recover from the shock.

What it's worth and what people slap on the price tag are two totally different things.
njnall
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: ST55 - at a price! Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
njnall wrote:

What it's worth and what people slap on the price tag are two totally different things.

Indeed, as has often been said on this forum, a guitar is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it. But as also shown on this site individuals sometimes make uninformed decisions to pay for something way beyond what the concensus would consider reasonable, but then I guess most of us have done that at some point in our lives over something or other.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this, as Goldstar prices have already gone up a lot in the last few years, but I suspect that there were probably several Strats in the same shop for around ?700 that were not as good as the Goldie. That doesn't mean people should pay such a high price - we know you can buy them cheaper - but we are unusually well informed.

Mike
JJMcG
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Smiles contently with his recent purchase* Good sign for anyone who wants to trade in their goldie at that shop...
Big Willie Style
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a ST-50 Goldie (red) at thr Rock Inn in Shinjuku, Tokyo for 49,000 yen. Nice shape too. I'd have bought it if I didn't already buy a Bacchus strat. The prices of MIJ from the 80's are getting a little crazy in Tokyo now. Just take a look on Digimart.

Lots of very nice high end Tokais to be had but I think they all got made at a shipyard judging by the weight of them all!!!

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: