Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

might have a fake, how do i tell?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is her cousin on the right. My ST55 MB, yours has E pickups, mine has U so there may be a date difference or higher spec e.g. ST60

iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also notice I have the gull wing string tree compared to the button. The knobs also look new / unaged.

Shame about the tuners, I have a spare set of tokai kluson type if you want to revert!
stratman323

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with the others. 4 digit serial & E tuners suggest an ST60, probably from 1984 as you're in North America. The headstock shape had changed for the US market by 1985, & I'm assuming it was the same for Canada (might be wrong about that though).

Goldstars are more common in the UK, so we could tell you what it might sell for here, but you'll need a Canadian to tell you what they sell for over there.

Two questions. What shape is the neck - does it have a slight V profile to the back? And are there any small paper stickers on the back of the neck?

Should be a nice guitar.
rabies
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the replies guys!

and yes, it does have a V profile neck. i like my necks a touch thinner, and i'm not even really a strat kind of guy to begin with, so this guy might be hittin the 'bay in the near future.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
and yes, it does have a V profile neck.

It's an ST60 then. I was playing something very similar only a couple of days ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: