1982 Greco EG-59-70

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachD

Reaction score
Anyone know what the specs are on this model?

plain top?
veneer/solid?
poly/nirto finish?

Thanks

CoachD said:
Anyone know what the specs are on this model?

plain top?
veneer/solid?
poly/nirto finish?

Thanks

I am not sure if it is a plaintop or a flametop (and to lazy to check).
But it has poly!

The eg59-70 was plain top solid as far as i know and going from the catalogue specs,The eg59-65 was flame laminate.

Think they were all poly up to the eg58-120!

http://www.grecoed.com/catalogues%20pdf/Mint%20Collection%20&%20Metaliz.pdf

MOJO HOBO

Udonitron said:
I thought the 850+ was nitro during the 80-82 period? That one is a Mint Collection however and IMO the best Greco's built.

I would have to agree that the early Mint Collection was when Greco got there Lester copies right :)

My 1982 Mint Collection gold top is over all the best Greco LP I have ever played.
It has the best sounding set of Screamin' 1982 pups of several sets I have played.
There is something completely magical about this guitar that defies description & it's not a high end/high spec piece.
http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10931&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=de6cef621762b91ca2999038bbc9f71d
Grecogoldtop11-2.jpg

That is delish man! I would assume it was due to the clouds that is has a blue hue to the top? Does it look more like this in person? I am so looking forward to my 82 Super Real Custom Mint Collection Should have it on Monday :D!

grecogoldtop112.jpg

Alot of the early mint collections, like the EG59-70, have fret edge nibs/binding, headstock veneers, one piece,no heel, big chunky 59' necks. Mine does, unlike alot of the later ones I've had, which tend to get slimmer and have a heelcap, fiberboard veneer on the peghead. Except for the poly and 2-piece body there a pretty dead on 59'.

Back