Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member with Cats Eyes Quries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Howley
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Finish Reply with quote

Hello,

I am looking at having my CE-150J professionally set up. Will it make a massive difference to have a bone nut and saddle installed at the same time? I like the sound as it stands, but I wonder if it can be improved upon even further.

I also want to know what the finish is on the guitar. Is it lacquer or nitro-cellulose?

As an aside: last Sunday I ordered a scratch pad to protect the back of my guitar. I ordered this from the UK and it was despatched from Ohio in the USA. I was amazed to receive it within five days - that's excellent service.

Hope somebody can help with my queries.

Michael
Michael Howley
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: In for a set-up Reply with quote

Well, I have made the decision to have my Cats Eye CE-150J set up professionally. It has gone to Stuart Palmer in Doncaster where it will be set-up and the existing bridge replaced with a bone bridge.

Will I be able to tell the difference when it is returned? Probably not, I am a philistine in such matters. However, I will know that it has been done and I will know that the guitar will be as good as it can be (hopefully).

It's now been away for a week and not only are my fingers itchy, the tips are becoming soft. My reunion will be a painful one but it needs to be done.

Keep your fingers, and all other appendages, crossed.

Cheers

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: