GRECO SG bolt on, ply?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doppleganger

Reaction score
did greco built guitars using plywood?

i saw a greco lp bolt on before, an early 70's and its ply.

now someone is offering me a bolt on sg, seller says it is ply, i was asking if its a pancake body like those early gibson custom. the greco sg is a custom model

any info gurus?

doppleganger said:

now someone is offering me a bolt on sg, seller says it is ply, i was asking if its a pancake body like those early gibson custom. the greco sg is a custom model

any info gurus?

A ply or pancake SG? They're not thick enough. Did Greco make a bolt neck SG??

marcusnieman said:
doppleganger said:

any info gurus?

yeah, i've seen some greco sg bolt on and they are mostly custom models, the one with block inlays. i've seen 5 already but i never opened to check if it's ply! i've also encountered a westminster and morris sg before, both are bolt-on and ply, not pancake! :D

doppleganger said:
marcusnieman said:
doppleganger said:

any info gurus?

yeah, i've seen some greco sg bolt on and they are mostly custom models, the one with block inlays. i've seen 5 already but i never opened to check if it's ply! i've also encountered a westminster and morris sg before, both are bolt-on and ply, not pancake! :D

Hmm... interesting. Didn't know that.

marcusnieman said:
doppleganger said:
marcusnieman said:
doppleganger said:

any info gurus?

Hmm... interesting. Didn't know that.

on the bolt-on thingy, yeah its a fact prolly for the early 70's greco

...but with ply or pancake...that i really have no idea!!!

Back