Trade Fender Texas Strat for 1981 Tokai Strat Springy Sound?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
I'd like to know if this is a 1981 Tokai Springy Sound? See photos at There are no numbers in the pick-up cavities. Although everything else seems right. But I want to ask people who know before I make the trade. See photos at [http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/576394324jLOIkT]
Thanks for your help Michael

Hi, what is the serial number on the neck plate? i can't read it very well....
Is there any other markings in the pickup cavities or control cavity?

The guitar at first look, appears to be a ST60 due to the chrome hardware, and ST Vintage E pups, an ST-80 will have nickel hardware, E pups, nitro finish, V neck profile.

If a 1981 model the serial on the neck plate would be 10xxxxx, if a 1982 would be xxxx (because it is a 54 type)

Also check if tuners have tokai or deluxe stamped, and if saddles have tokai or final prospec stamped.

So much to check :D , but it appears to be Tokai so far.

There are no markings in the pickup cavities--it's as if they've been cleaned and painted. The plate appears scratched and I'm waiting for an explanation and more info. THANKS for your prompt reply. Michael

Thanks for all your help. It looks like the guy who was going to trade my Fender for his Tokai has had second thoughts (seller's remorse---who can blame him?). But upon closer investigation it did in fact have "Tokai" on the bridge and on the back of the tuners and a "60" stamped in the last fret by the bridge.
So, thanks for your input about what to look for and I've learned what to look closely at next time.
Michael

Michael said:
But upon closer investigation it did in fact have "Tokai" on the bridge and on the back of the tuners and a "60" stamped in the last fret by the bridge.

As I'm sure you have worked out, the 60 stamp means it's an ST60. But if it has the stamp, it can't be a 1981 model - the stamp was phased out during 1980 to be replaced by the daft paper sticker.

Mike

Back