Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1980 LS-200 - Yahoo JP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick51
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: 1980 LS-200 - Yahoo JP Reply with quote

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Flist5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2F24242-category.html&langpair=2%2C1&toolbar=no&lang=JA&c_id=nifty

Looks like it ends around 3-Jan-2010, Japan.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those translator links don't work, you need the original Japanese Yahoo URL to get to a closed auction (I think?).
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been tracking this 1980 LS-200, currently @ 365,000 yen .......... I assume it's the one you're refering to

couldn't get the link you supplied to work ............

here's two links ........
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h137868615

http://translate.google.co.in/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpage8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2Fh137868615&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

might be good as a collector but @ 4.2kg, as a player the weight is pushing the limits, IMO ............

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
RyanC
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended at 365K - a veritable bargain compare to the 551K example a couple months ago.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanC wrote:
Ended at 365K - a veritable bargain compare to the 551K example a couple months ago.

just goes to demonstrate that the difference in top color, flame, and weight equals real money ................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
RyanC
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true.
Koubayashi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
RyanC wrote:

just goes to demonstrate that the difference in top color, flame, and weight equals real money ................

On an internet auction...No. IRL yes.
It shows that the 550 was a one off and that the sucker paid 550 has lost 200.

Obviously it is not very reasonable that a Tokai is more expensive than a 10 years older Gibson.

There are perhaps 2-3 people in the world prepared to pay those amounts for a Tokai and it is just not enough to keep the prices up.

But there are a billion zillion people prepared to pay that for a Gibson.

Gibson is always a safer bet for the invester.
RyanC
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
Obviously it is not very reasonable that a Tokai is more expensive than a 10 years older Gibson.

Except for the fact it's a better guitar, of course. You're comparing 70's Norlin-era Gibsons to this? Apples to oranges IMHO.
Koubayashi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanC wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:

Except for the fact it's a better guitar, of course. You're comparing 70's Norlin-era Gibsons to this? Apples to oranges IMHO.

Lesters from 68-74 are as good or even better. And they are real Les Pauls, not copies.

When it comes to vintage value and collectability quality is insignificant.
All those super expensive mint 50s are often times no good players.
Even JVs that are mint are in general bad guitars.

Guitars must be played to be good (to generalise).
Koubayashi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
RyanC wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:

Lesters from 68-74 are as good or even better. And they are real Les Pauls, not copies.

When it comes to vintage value and collectability quality is insignificant.
All those super expensive mint 50s are often times no good players.
Even JVs that are mint are in general bad guitars.

Guitars must be played to be good (to generalise).
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:
RyanC wrote:

There are perhaps 2-3 people in the world prepared to pay those amounts for a Tokai and it is just not enough to keep the prices up.

an internet auction site is real life tho'
there were quite a few people bidding on that guitar, and a few were more than willing to pay well over $5K for it, as demonstrated by the bidding.
It ended at over $6K, and TF member wknight2 was the winning bidder; Ed I believe.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=113546&highlight=#113546
I wouldn't consider the winning bidder a "sucker" at all but rather I would consider him the owner of a very rare guitar, that several others also wanted very badly

There are a billion zillion people out there with a Gibson, and the Gibsons may be a better investment but not everyone that pays big bucks for a guitar is looking at their purchase as an investment.

There is that one person out there that had the long veiw, and he now has a very rare Tokai LS-200, and that is very different guitar than those other billion zillion Gibsons.

How f-ing cool is that?

Personally, I would rather have the rare Tokai that Ed purchased, than a Gibson R8, R9, or R0, even if the Gibson cost less money

Last edited by MIJvintage on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Koubayashi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:
RyanC wrote:

there were quite a few people bidding on that guitar, and a few were more than willing to pay well over $5K for it, as demonstrated by the bidding.
It ended at over $6K, and a TF member was the winning bidder; Ed I believe.
I wouldn't consider the winning bidder a "sucker" at all but rather I would consider him the owner of a very rare guitar, that several others also wanted very badly

There are a billion zillion people out there with a Gibson, and the Gibsons may be a better investment but not everyone that pays big bucks for a guitar is looking at their purchase as an investment.

There is that one person out there that had the long veiw, and he now has a very rare Tokai LS-200, and that is very different guitar than those other billion zillion Gibsons.

How f-ing cool is that?

Personally, I would rather have the rare Tokai that Ed purchased, than a Gibson R8, R9, or R0, even if the Gibson cost less money

Any normal person who buys an old guitar hopes for more than just a good player Don't underestimate human greed!
glaister3
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true!!!! In `Burstland the owners(And I know a few!)never talk about the sound of there guitars,only how much it`s worth/gained in value!I find that a little sad.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$5000 isn't really a lot of money for a 30 year old guitar that is just about top of the range, it certainly will be a good long-term investment, and in the short/medium term will be an absolute joy to play. As MIJ says, the weight and colour contribute to the price and I would certainly rather pay top dollar for a guitar that was the right colour and weight than save a bit on something that was a boat anchor and therefor not really any use as a player.

My brother-in-law 'saved' ?5K on an ex-demo Audi A4 convertable in canary yellow with matching seats!! How I laughed
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:
RyanC wrote:

It ended at over $6K, and a TF member was the winning bidder; Ed I believe.

How f-ing cool is that?

Any normal person who buys an old guitar hopes for more than just a good player Don't underestimate human greed!

I can't speak for Ed but I can speak for myself, and as I stated previously,"There are a billion zillion people out there with a Gibson."
I would much rather have a a rarer Tokai than the 'everyone has one' Gibson, which would make me NOT "any normal person"
I tend to think that Ed might agree .....................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: