MY G string

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humpy

Reaction score
hi guys i have a ls 75 love rock and the g string (not in my pants - not that i wear one) keep on going out of tune does any body have any ideas?

Sometimes a little graphite from a pencil lead on the string nut will correct that problem. It's dirty, but can work. 1st things to try are always the cheap and easy ones... Also when tuning always "tune up" from a lower pitch, never downwards... this will keep tension on machine better. Good luck.

Just as ramsale said, try using a "lubricant" on the slot. I used to use a little bit of chapstick, or caramex (chapstick in a little yellow can), or guitar grease which is what i have now.

If the tuning keeps going sharp (higher than G), then it is the string binding on the nut. Like your playing for a while and all of a sudden it's too high after a bend.

If it is going below a G (flat), then it could be the string (unless this always happens, even on new sets). I had an LP copy that i banged the machinehead (tuner) on a table hard, and it kept going out of tune after that. I whacked the G tuner on mine. That seems to be the tuner that takes the most abuse on 3x3 style headstocks. C'mon, be honest, did you whack that tuner? :smile:

Did you just increase the gauge of strings you use? ie .009's to .010's or higher?

Ramsale covered it very well. Try the least expensive fix first.

Dana

Latest posts

Back