Tokai TCO-1?

Got GAS, talk about it here. Effects discussion.

Moderator: ned

ranjam
Sus4add11

Tokai TCO-1?

Post by ranjam » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 pm

I have a chance to grab a dead mint black TCO-1, but I don't know a thing about them. I have more than a few compressor pedals already, and even a few rack mount dbx units. Is the TCO-1 just another VCA compressor? Will it be any different from my Dyna-Comp or DOD Milkbox? Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

ranjam
Sus4add11

Post by ranjam » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Too late. It's mine. Either it isn't quite right (unlikely, since it is sooooo clean), or this just isn't my favorite compressor. I doubt there's anything needing to be 'fixed' on it, so I just have to dink around with it a lot more, and find the sweet setting. So, who has one? How are you using it? Any favorite settings? Thanks.

luis
Guitar God

Post by luis » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Hello ranjam.
I got a TCO besides another 5 Tokai pedals.
I don?t use pedals,just a Maxon OD-820 for overdrive and a Thunder Tomate tremolo with my 5e5A clone.I?ll give them a try but cannot play at loud volume unfortunatly.
Tokai pedals are quality made for sure.

ranjam
Sus4add11

Post by ranjam » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Certainly it is a well made pedal. And the hinged treadle is unique. No copying Boss here. But the effecet itself is just not making me say WOW! I know as I turn the knobs I hear a lot of scratchiness, so maybe the pots need to be cleaned :roll: Maybe with that out of the way there will be a more consistant resistance and the sound will come through a little better. I don't know. I just know I definately have to tinker with it some more. I actually like my Dyna Comp better right now. However, this opinion is subject to change at my discretion, and without any written notice.