FX Loops

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modland

Reaction score
Short on information on this but, I've been asked to find out. If a signal was sent from a FX loop and not returned, will there be no sound from the amp (DSL401)

With my limited edyamakashun, I will throw out a hypothesis and say more than likely. If it is a parallel loop, I really believe you would still hear the signal routed through the rest of the amplifier. And since 99% of loops are parallel, Robert's yer auntie's husband. Now a series loop is a horse of a different color.
I know I have a rack tuner plugged into my amp loop, with just a short cable from the amp FX send to the tuner, and nada from the tuner back to the FX return. It's been working fine for a couple of years now. So my hypothesis is based on some experience.

Not totaly sure, but the DSL401 has a mix control on the front to govern how much of the signal gos through the loop, effectively changing it from a parallel loop to a seriess loop as in ranjam's post. So with the control fully up I would imagine with the signal coming out of the send and going no-where you would hear nothing. I suppose you could bung a jack in the send socket and use the mix control as a master volume??

Back