Listing Tokai's on ebay & using stratocaster - any issu

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharold38

Reaction score
I want to list a couple of tokai strats on ebay.

Is there any problem listing them as a 'tokai stratocaster' ?

I know that the name 'stratocaster' is copyrighted by fender & I don't want to risk the auctions getting canceled.

Any info would be appreciated.

pharold38 said:
I want to list a couple of tokai strats on ebay.

Is there any problem listing them as a 'tokai stratocaster' ?

I know that the name 'stratocaster' is copyrighted by fender & I don't want to risk the auctions getting canceled.

Any info would be appreciated.

Call them what they are:

Springy Sound
Silver Star
Gold Star

By adding stratocaster to the listing, you will most likely only get attention of those who also find and choose "genuine fenders" for the same price.

I have done both. The trouble is that if someone from Fender sees an ad using one of their trademarks (like Strat) they are entitled to get the ad pulled. But if you use a name like Strat your ad will show up in more searches than if you just use the Tokai names.

I get the impression that Fender don't worry too much about it, as lots of ads use Fender names & don't get removed. But I'm not sure that an advert using a name like Strat will get the seller any more money than an ad that avoids all Fender trademarks.

Giving a clear description & plenty of decent pics will have more effect on the success of your advert, IMHO. But, whatever you do, please do NOT use the word "lawsuit" anywhere in your ad.

Or I might have to come round and shoot you.......

:roll:

Mike

Back