Sound comparison : "E" pickup vs Fender 1957 picku

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcat

Reaction score
Hi,

I found an original 1957 fender strat on the bay and installed it in my ST-80, let's see how it sound compare to my ST-100 with the E pickup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3aBphF-9dE

Please comment
Cheers

Excellent! I really like the way you have presented that. Fender sounds a little hotter, but I prefer the E. Can't understand why some players don't like them 8)

Do you have the resistance measurements of the two pickups?

Yep, that "E" pickups are excellent!

don't forget my ST-80 has a rosewood veneer neck. I think it change the sound a little bit, but not as much as a slap board neck.

The E measure 5,7 K ohms &
The 1957 fender measue 5.8 k ohms

Interesting comparison. The big difference for me is the final bit, there's a warmth to the ST80 sound that suits my ears more, but it's hard to say how much that's down to the rosewood or the pickups. Both good. :D

Are both guitars sen?

Mike

It's the fender for me - the more percussive attack gives that beautiful strat "snap" that the Es are kind of missing. Better rounded in terms of bottom end - and this is a neck pickup don't forget!

I reckon I'd get on much better with my ST80 if I changed the Es for something more like that...

Latest posts

Back