SS63-70

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk7169

Reaction score
vintage 1983, with Double Trick pickups.

sg1q.jpg

sg2v.jpg

marcusnieman said:
Did you buy it? I think it belongs(ed) to forum member ryanc

You might want to send him a pm for info on it.

yep thats exactly who i bought it from.. my 1st Greco !
i didnt realize he is on here thanks

WOW nice guitar Mike! :wink:

BTW, welcome to the forum. Some great guys and tons of good info on MIJ. Something tells me this won't be your last!

helge_e21 said:
nice guitar.
i own one, but its a super real from 1981.

thats gorgeous!
looks identical to mine. any idea what the differences are between yours and mine ? is yours satin finish? same pickups ?

mine has got the crown inlay in the headstock and the heel looks different i think.

the finish isnt satin. looks like it because of the flash.

and its a 1980, not 81.

ss_700_4.jpg

ss_700_6.jpg

By the way, its interesting that the neck joint on the Greco is totally non-vintage.
Anyone know why they didnt copy the "vintage style"?

FYI to everyone..

JungleBookBoy2 and I had agreed on a deal for the sale of my SG, and after 2 weeks he totally flaked out.
Just a warning to everyone who this guy emails, he wasted 2 weeks of my time with empty promises, he will most likely waste yours.

The SG is still available...

mk7169 said:
FYI to everyone..

JungleBookBoy2 and I had agreed on a deal for the sale of my SG, and after 2 weeks he totally flaked out.
Just a warning to everyone who this guy emails, he wasted 2 weeks of my time with empty promises, he will most likely waste yours.

Haha.... $1200 + shipping for a 1983 Greco SG. You wouldnt budge and you would not discuss a further price. It is not a Super Real 1980 SS63-700, it is a later 1983 Mint Collection model and I believe the price should reflect this.

I have had plenty of sellers cancel my purchase and return my payments because of not wanting to sell and or other problems. I did not slander their name in a public forum as to ruin them entirely.

Also... We talked for 8 days and not 2 weeks. Grow up and PM for personal problems like any decent human with half a brain.

Good job Champ.... I have already tried to rectify the situation via email and phone. But you seem to be stuck in your ways and have childishly decided to make me out to be the bad person....

$1200 + shipping was not a forum price as you has suggested. You purchased the item from another forum member for $850.00+ shipping and feel sore that you cannot make $300 from me.

I feel sorry that you need to do such things.

JungleBookBoy2 said:
mk7169 said:
FYI to everyone..

Haha.... $1200 + shipping for a 1983 Greco SG. You wouldnt budge and you would not discuss a further price. It is not a Super Real 1980 SS63-700, it is a later 1983 Mint Collection model and I believe the price should reflect this.

I have had plenty of sellers cancel my purchase and return my payments because of not wanting to sell and or other problems. I did not slander their name in a public forum as to ruin them entirely.

Also... We talked for 8 days and not 2 weeks. Grow up and PM for personal problems like any decent human with half a brain.

Josh,

Please learn the definition of slander; I said nothing false or malicious about you, I am merely giving a warning to fellow forum members who may consider dealing with you about my personal experience with you.

The price is irrelivant, we agreed on it, and its between buyer and seller. The point (which you are obviously missing), is that you strung me along for 2 weeks with a promise to buy, after I had been more than sympathetic to letting you pay in 3 installment plans. It would be like walking out at the altar.

Interesting that you started your reply with "haha" it justly shows others about how you regard making a commitment with someone. Anyway, I'm not about to have a forum battle with a kid who just lost his credibility. My point was to warn people to be wary of making a deal with you based on my recent experience with you. Its nothing personal, its just business.

Your childish insults just add to your lack of credibility. Learn how to have a conversation without slinging poo, especially when you are dead wrong here.

good day.

Latest posts

Back