Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FX Loops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modland
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: FX Loops Reply with quote

Short on information on this but, I've been asked to find out. If a signal was sent from a FX loop and not returned, will there be no sound from the amp (DSL401)
ranjam
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my limited edyamakashun, I will throw out a hypothesis and say more than likely. If it is a parallel loop, I really believe you would still hear the signal routed through the rest of the amplifier. And since 99% of loops are parallel, Robert's yer auntie's husband. Now a series loop is a horse of a different color.
I know I have a rack tuner plugged into my amp loop, with just a short cable from the amp FX send to the tuner, and nada from the tuner back to the FX return. It's been working fine for a couple of years now. So my hypothesis is based on some experience.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not totaly sure, but the DSL401 has a mix control on the front to govern how much of the signal gos through the loop, effectively changing it from a parallel loop to a seriess loop as in ranjam's post. So with the control fully up I would imagine with the signal coming out of the send and going no-where you would hear nothing. I suppose you could bung a jack in the send socket and use the mix control as a master volume??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: