Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1980 Greco Super Real EGF1000 made in china
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dombat
Guitar God


Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 299
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: 1980 Greco Super Real EGF1000 made in china Reply with quote

http://product.madeinchina.com/1980-Greco-Super-Real-EGF1000-Brazilian-Nitro/10907456.shtml
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8764
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the deal? Is that a knockoff? Wow....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
So what's the deal? Is that a knockoff? Wow....


There a handful of active sellers on Yahoo.
My wife has sent complaints to Yahoo but they don't care.

They started to show up in fairly large numbers just before the summer this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
claudel
Plucker


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 14
Location: Further Outside Area 51

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheaper with a case than without, even.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8764
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
So what's the deal? Is that a knockoff? Wow....


There a handful of active sellers on Yahoo.
My wife has sent complaints to Yahoo but they don't care.

They started to show up in fairly large numbers just before the summer this year.


Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation. I have a GOOD fake Rolex I bought in China and a good friend of mine who is a high end watch broker said he really had to study it before he knew it wasn't real.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
So what's the deal? Is that a knockoff? Wow....


There a handful of active sellers on Yahoo.
My wife has sent complaints to Yahoo but they don't care.

They started to show up in fairly large numbers just before the summer this year.


Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation. I have a GOOD fake Rolex I bought in China and a good friend of mine who is a high end watch broker said he really had to study it before he knew it wasn't real.


As far as I have seen, 8 fake Super Reals has been sold this year
Plenty of others as well.

There is a way to find out ?f the seller is a shady axxxxxe.
They write Japanese on a non native level.

However, the problem is actually not the guitars cause there are rather few. The problem is that they sell as you wrote, "Rolex" but also bags, clothes, shoes, perfume and more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
soundcreation
Guitar God


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of sucks. But I suppose it's just like with Gibson copies from china..it's up to the buyer to do their homework. People can complain about it all they want but in the end people who fall for it probably didn't look hard enough.

caveat emptor....big time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
t.olsen
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will happen if somebody in Europe or US is buying such a Fender,or Gibson or whatever ? There are customs and they should avoid the import of this faked stuff.

My point of view is it's up to the buyer.I mean the guitars are described as made in China.It's a difference if I pay the normal price for a guitar or a Rolex believing it is original.If I know it's faked and pay much less,I can not complain.And almost everybody buying a faked watch knows it is a copy.
Back to top
Smokin' Tone
Guitar God


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 112
Location: KY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation.


Don't be fooled by the picture. He is using pictures of my guitar. Here is one without his I.D stamp. Another scumbag.



_________________
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MIJvintage
Guitar God


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 2984
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin' Tone wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation.


Don't be fooled by the picture. He is using pictures of my guitar. Here is one without his I.D stamp. Another scumbag.



that EGF went from Japan, to Minnesota, to Wisconsin, to Kentucky, to China .................... forgot how nice that top looks ...........
_________________
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mij_vintage

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
So what's the deal? Is that a knockoff? Wow....


There a handful of active sellers on Yahoo.
My wife has sent complaints to Yahoo but they don't care.

They started to show up in fairly large numbers just before the summer this year.


Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation. I have a GOOD fake Rolex I bought in China and a good friend of mine who is a high end watch broker said he really had to study it before he knew it wasn't real.


What the hey do you think a Greco is
They made pretty good Gibson imitations in Japan....yeah..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
Smokin' Tone wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
Amazing.... the Chinese are masters at imitation.


Don't be fooled by the picture. He is using pictures of my guitar. Here is one without his I.D stamp. Another scumbag.



that EGF went from Japan, to Minnesota, to Wisconsin, to Kentucky, to China .................... forgot how nice that top looks ...........


Stolen pics or not....There is a huge market for their copies..
Anything that generates cash is a target for them!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grrr
Guitar God


Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if any of these end up on Japanese Yahoo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr wrote:
I wonder if any of these end up on Japanese Yahoo?


They do. Yahoo is totally infected with Chinese copies.
Not too many guitars so far but I would never buy any designer clothes, jewelry, watches or similar from Yahoo if I don't know the seller.

Me and my wife have complained to Yahoo Admin plenty of times but they don't care. And it is so easy to open an account on Yahoo. I have 3 accounts that I use and 2 that I don't use. I have different accounts for different types of guitars and one for basses However, if an account gets negative feedback, just close it and open a new one. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Softbank runs Yahoo and Softbank is controlled by a religious group with roots in Korea. So every penny spent on Yahoo makes a religious group stronger


They do street vending in Tokyo as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grrr
Guitar God


Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
Grrr wrote:
I wonder if any of these end up on Japanese Yahoo?


They do. Yahoo is totally infected with Chinese copies.
Not too many guitars so far but I would never buy any designer clothes, jewelry, watches or similar from Yahoo if I don't know the seller.

Me and my wife have complained to Yahoo Admin plenty of times but they don't care. And it is so easy to open an account on Yahoo. I have 3 accounts that I use and 2 that I don't use. I have different accounts for different types of guitars and one for basses However, if an account gets negative feedback, just close it and open a new one. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Softbank runs Yahoo and Softbank is controlled by a religious group with roots in Korea. So every penny spent on Yahoo makes a religious group stronger


They do street vending in Tokyo as well.


Well thats all pretty depressing, makes it hard to be sure what your getting, Seems to be geared towards the more "dodgy" sellers, and funding a religious group as well !!!! Buy a fake and help fund a religious group, crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group