Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1976 Fresher Straighter Protean Series Strat Japanese Copy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Udonitron
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: 1976 Fresher Straighter Protean Series Strat Japanese Copy Reply with quote

This arrived the other day along with my Tokai Reborn. Just thought I would toss some pics up for people to view, discuss, and reference. It sounds so damn good and it was hardly ever played! Pretty sure they are Gotoh tuners (stay in tune forever even with new strings), nice original bone nut, & a gorgeous fretboard as well.

Some Fresher info:

Fresher started during the early to mid 70's to directly complete with Greco, Fernandes, and Tokai. Their name never reached the status that the other 3 big companies did and by the mid 80's they were finished. The Fresher story begins back in 1973 when Fresher guitars were introduced by the Kyowa Company, Ltd., of Nagoya. Nagoya, you'll recall, is one of the principal guitar-making regions in Japan. Kyowa was primarily a trading company, importing products and developing some musical instruments. The company is still in operation, importing Charvel/Jackson, Takamine and Dean Markley products, among others.

Fresher guitars were built by the Matsumoto Musical Instrument Manufacturers' Association, a consortium of suppliers in the Matsumoto region. This organization, by the way, did not include either Fujigen Gakki or Matsumoku, the area's more famous manufacturers (Tokai, Burny, Greco etc). They really are amazing guitars and I have a Fresher Les Paul copy coming to me next week. It looks similar to an LS-80 Tokai but it looks to have a rock flame maple neck (?) and 1 piece mahogany back, should be cool to see it up close.

iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iainblack wrote:
nice pics

Nice guitar
m0b1liz3
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Radius? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what radius the old Fresher's had?
And is the neck chunky or thin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: