Fender Champ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerslinger

Reaction score
I visited a local consignment store today looking for a used leather jacket when a guitar amp caught my eye.Upon closer inspection I realized it was a late 60's-early 70's Fender Champ,all original in good condition except for missing the logo on the grille.The price was $40 Cdn (about $27.US). I asked the lady if it worked and she gaurenteed me that it did so naturally I bought it.I'm now in pursuit of a logo.This thing really sounds sweet and is suprisingly loud for 6 watts and it distorts so nicely.
Great for around the house and it has that vintage vibe.Anyone else have one or know anything about these amps? I would expect it would be worth a couple hundred.:grin:

Nice score! When playing around the house, smaller can be better, for sure. Use any effects with it?

Dude, sweet score. I love Fender Champs, put a tube screamer in front of that puppy and It'll rock.

Ned

Did some research on the Web and found that it's a '79 Silverface. Not collectable but very usable. I scored a NOS 70's Fender Logo on ebay for $12.50 US using buy it now.Logo will set me back almost as much as the amp :razz:
Only effect I've used so far is the Volume.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beerslinger on 2002-06-04 20:48 ]</font>

sweet deal I recover amps in my spare time and have recoverd a 1955 Fender champ with tweed this little amp does kick butt for just a small amount power it is sweet