Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G A B A N FLG-DX 750 R/G -models ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojoburst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: G A B A N FLG-DX 750 R/G -models ??? Reply with quote

Found a guitarbook-offer in the bay, with some book-pages shown. The book is written in japanese language and shows some MIJ-guitars like Aria pro II, MIJ-Fenders & on. The starting-bid was 156,- U.S.-$! Must be a rarity! ...Just like this: The book also shows 2 pages presenting the brand GABAN, the role-models: 2 Les Paul Deluxe -style guitars, amazing looking, 1 cherry sunburst flametop & 1 goldtop-version. Please notice this:

Now I need some detailed information about this rare brand. 'GABAN' seems to be a Fernandes-Label because of the model type-name 'FLG'. Fernandes-Burny used 'FLG' (Fernandes Lespaul Guitar) as the name of their first Les Paul-style guitars in the mid´70s.
Please help me to find some informations, images, storys...what ever!
hunter
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice....is that a pancake body?
hunter
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these on yahoo japan....volute neck on the custom and those pickups I have seen somewhere before....Greco maybe

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m65300044

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/128437577
mojoburst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANX, hunter!

Seems to be some 'lower' price-range -stuff. The PU´s look like the Maxons used by Greco in the early 1970´s (EG-430 -Series). The tobacco´burst LP is a bolt on-neck model with trapeze-inlays but custom-headstock.

The LP Deluxe-models shown on the book-pages above are higher quality-range guitars, I think. Gibson 'Norlin' construction-style. Greco & Aria pro II made 'Norlin-style'-guitars in the end´70s.
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaban distributed by Hukuhara musical instrument company and probably made by Tokai.
Hukuhara or Fukuhara depending on the translation, owned the Gaban brand name. Most companies that owned the lesser known brand names were music shops in Japan that just ordered guitars from a Japanese guitar factory (that wasn't too busy).

If it's got 2 squarish shaped holes at the bottom of the pickup cavity then it would be made by Tokai, if not then maybe some were made by Kasuga as I would say that Kasuga would be one of my other choices.

Most of these lesser known Japanese brands were made by the lesser known factories like Kasuga, Chushin, Dyna etc and there is a good reason for it, because Fujigen and Tokai were really too busy making more well known brands like Ibanez and Greco and Fender Japan and Yamaha and Tokai and Burny etc to be bothered with smaller lesser known brand contracts so the other lesser known factories mostly picked them up.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=49676&sid=069ba8186e96e0ed666148be39c343b7
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct translation is Fukuhara.
mojoburst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, japanstrat! Great information and a very helpful link!
What´s your main profession? Are you an historian for MIJ-guitars? Awesome knowledge!
I appreciate that. Hats off!
Loudmouse
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deluxe with a flame top! I would love to find one of those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: