Bonnamassa Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.de/Joe-Bonnamassa-GOLDTOP-TOKAI-Love-Rock-1981-3-6kg_W0QQitemZ180415530599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGitarren?hash=item2a019a8667&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This guy bought a 81 love rock,putted a black pickguard on it and calls it Bonnamassa Goldtop...now he's trying to sell it for 1500 euros.. :eek:

If he takes the scratchplate off, it would look like a much newer version of Snowy's 57.

snowy_white.jpg

And Snowy is a much nicer player than Bonnamassa.

:wink:

Mike

When this tokai was build,Joe was 4 years old,so a Snowy love rock goldtop would be more realistic :lol:
btw,the seller wrote Joes name with 2 "n",so did I and stratman as well :D

leadguitar_323 said:
Snowy is an excellent guitarist but Joe has some really cool chops as well and killer tone..

Mick

Only if you like heavy rock, judging by the one gig I saw. :( I won't be rushing back to see him....

[/quote] I just copied you! :lol:[/quote]

I copied the seller :lol:
No need to worry,googeling for Bonnamassa brings 42000 hits...
no wonder with such a strange name :wink:

stratman323 said:
leadguitar_323 said:
Snowy is an excellent guitarist but Joe has some really cool chops as well and killer tone..

Mick

Only if you like heavy rock, judging by the one gig I saw. :( I won't be rushing back to see him....
He uses four amps.....got to expect him to be loud ya sook. :roll:

Ozeshin said:
He uses four amps.....got to expect him to be loud ya sook. :roll:

SRV used a bank of amps, & he was loud. He wasn't a heavy rock player though.

Was he Oze?

:wink:

I've stood on the side of the stage while SRV was playing and I reckon you'd STILL have a sook...he was waaaaay loud :p

rockinbluesfan said:
Bonamassa opening for Gary Moore now that would be priceless! BTW who the hell is snowy?

You are kidding right...... :p I first saw Snowy with Thin Lizzy in the late 70's he has more feel than a sex starved bloke at a nudist colony, google him and have a read, or you tube him and have a listen, you won't be disappointed..

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
I first saw Snowy with Thin Lizzy in the late 70's he has more feel than a sex starved bloke at a nudist colony

:lol: Beautiful Mickman, beautiful... :lol:

i don't think he's kidding, I never heard of him until this year,and I thought I knew everyone..

stratman323 said:
leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

+1 on that! Saw Bonamassa's first London show (might even have been his first UK show) four or so years ago and it was nothing special...

Only a handful of guitarists can send a shiver down my spine when they play - B.B. King, Peter Green, Ronnie Earl, Snowy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBXTNAdvGKI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8F-DMgHXPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyopR41o2V4&feature=related

Everyone has opinion, if you like country style or heavy metal you probably won't like Bonamassa.
But I have to say if you like early Clapton like Beano, Bonamassa is excellent.
I saw him live, and his playing was even better than on the records.
Plus he was very nice down to earth guy, waited around to sign autograhps and pictures for every single person, didn't leave until everyone had one.
Very classy guy and his playing was unbelievable.
And his tone was out of this world!

I don't understand why if you like one type of music why it is necessary to crap on the rest. I love metal and was brought up on a steady diet of Sabbath and the likes, i still play metal but i also like piano and sax and lots of other instruments, i listen to Tori Amos through to Black label society and find that there is some thing to be learned from all types of music....

Well maybe not rap and techno because there are no musical instruments.... :lol: :lol:

Mick

Latest posts

Back