Need Your Opinions - Possible Chambered BLS-59

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVsearch

Reaction score
Do you have a buyer in Japan? if you do ask him to get front pickup cavity shots, i have never seen a hole that big for the switch but i suppose its possible. To me it looks like its chambered but hose shots aren't that good.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Do you have a buyer in Japan? if you do ask him to get front pickup cavity shots, i have never seen a hole that big for the switch but i suppose its possible. To me it looks like its chambered but hose shots aren't that good.

Mick

Nah, no buyer in Japan, and Rinkya doesn't allow you to ask for photos. Could just be a big hole for the toggle switch area to lower the weight slightly - definitely done in the factory. Weird one. :)

MIJvintage said:
Here are two images of the toggle route from my BLS-59.
BLS-59togglehole1.jpg

That is what I expected the toggle route to look like, and AFAIK that's what the route should look like on the BLS-59.

MIJvintage said:
The seller?s item has no serial number on the head stock ;-)
One more thing; if you look at the body back photo that the seller has listed, you will see it has a center seam.

AFA I know the BLS-59 is a 1 piece body.
Draw your own conclusions from my posted observations & info; I know what my conclusion is :wink: ??????

So what is it? :)

MIJvintage said:
One more thing; if you look at the body back photo that the seller has listed, you will see it has a center seam.

Draw your own conclusions from my posted observations & info; I know what my conclusion is :wink: ??????
I didn't get to see the auction before it ended but, For what it's worth. I 've seen a couple older BLS-59's from the 90's that didn't have serial numbers, had 2 piece backs and sported a trans-tenon neck joint as opposed tro the longer ones seen on later models.

NWOBHM said:
MIJvintage said:

I didn't get to see the auction before it ended but, For what it's worth. I 've seen a couple older BLS-59's from the 90's that didn't have serial numbers, had 2 piece backs and sported a trans-tenon neck joint as opposed tro the longer ones seen on later models.

I have an early BLS-120 from the 90's before being called BLS-59...it has a serial of 100xxx and nitro and 1 piece back, a real King Burst! 8)
I will post pics etc in a new thread....soon.

BLS-120 and BLS59 are 2 different guitars, they were being produced at the same time.

Mine is exactly the same as what you've described ......including the no serial number.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
BLS-120 and BLS59 are 2 different guitars, they were being produced at the same time.
Mick

.......really,
The 1998 catalog shows only BLS-120, no mention of BLS-59......
My guitar is 1998 also....
http://bacchusdo.com/ctlgs.htm
I have contacted Deviser for more information anyway. My guitar BLS-120 is made from about 1994 to 1999? then BLS-59 comes along....
Anyway, I will wait for word from those actually know... 8)

Listen ******** if you are going to answer posts in that manner everytime i post something you won't be here long. You probably won't see the 59's in the catalogues at all, i have seen a few and they didn't contain any pics or info on the 59's. These guitars were spawned from the demand for custom orders being made for a couple of other companies like Sonix. They were making 120's right up until they changed the headstock shape which was later than this. If you continue to carry on like a clown, every thread you do this in will be closed. Remember mate you are the one that refused to come good an a dodgey deal and got the sh1ts when you were outed...truth hurts eh.... :lol: As for your "personal" remark in the last thread you cried to the mods about, and had closed, when you come on giving expert advice on things you don't know yourself and have only been told and have bugger all experience with be prepared to be called out. I have met lots of guys like you over the years and your biggest mistake is thinking you know all and everyone else knows squat, Ever read "the art of war".?
Moron.

leadguitar_323 said:
Listen ******** if you are going to answer posts in that manner everytime i post something you won't be here long. You probably won't see the 59's in the catalogues at all, i have seen a few and they didn't contain any pics or info on the 59's. These guitars were spawned from the demand for custom orders being made for a couple of other companies like Sonix. They were making 120's right up until they changed the headstock shape which was later than this. If you continue to carry on like a clown, every thread you do this in will be closed. Remember mate you are the one that refused to come good an a dodgey deal and got the sh1ts when you were outed...truth hurts eh.... :lol: As for your "personal" remark in the last thread you cried to the mods about, and had closed, when you come on giving expert advice on things you don't know yourself and have only been told and have bugger all experience with be prepared to be called out. I have met lots of guys like you over the years and your biggest mistake is thinking you know all and everyone else knows squat, Ever read "the art of war".?
Moron.

wow......really?.......********?
I can comment as I please, if you don't like it, you have the problem, and it is you who is attacking me.
I can contact Deviser and get word from those that actually know history about their guitars, I don't not need you to be judge and jury.
So I will wait for the reply from those that actually know :evil:

I can comment as I please, if you don't like it, you have the problem

Oh you can can you? My comment is what i know to be correct, your comment was smart, well you were trying to be smart. You are really pissed off because i caught you out as a liar and a deceiver , selling someone a guitar that it wasn't then refusing to rectify the problem, this seems to be your problem mate and i think that the forum deserves to know what you have done so remember YOU DID IT SO YOU ARE JUDGED BY THAT. Stratman had the exact same thing, he was ripped off by someone misrepresenting their guitar, he copped the same thing.
As far as Deviser goes ...good luck, they don't regularly reply and i doubt they will give you any insight. On the other hand i get my info of guys that work for deviser so i don't have to put up with the politically correct company line, and for your info i have already been in contact with Bacchus.
I also help heaps of guys with correct info on a lot of stuff from Bacchus< Edwards, Tokai and others and there are plenty of guys here that already know that, i have absolutely nothing to prove to you and it doesn't surprise me that you are trying to play the victim....what a joke... :roll:
You may interested to know that your other account is still functioning, another lie eh....Your arrogance leads you to believe that no one is smart enough to work you out, well guess what mate.. :lol:

Go look up the definition of an "attack" mate its a lot different that outing someone based on what they have done....and remember , you started this crap....

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
I can comment as I please, if you don't like it, you have the problem

Oh you can can you? My comment is what i know to be correct, your comment was smart, well you were trying to be smart. You are really pissed off because i caught you out as a liar and a deceiver , selling someone a guitar that it wasn't then refusing to rectify the problem, this seems to be your problem mate and i think that the forum deserves to know what you have done so remember YOU DID IT SO YOU ARE JUDGED BY THAT. Stratman had the exact same thing, he was ripped off by someone misrepresenting their guitar, he copped the same thing.
As far as Deviser goes ...good luck, they don't regularly reply and i doubt they will give you any insight. On the other hand i get my info of guys that work for deviser so i don't have to put up with the politically correct company line, and for your info i have already been in contact with Bacchus.
I also help heaps of guys with correct info on a lot of stuff from Bacchus< Edwards, Tokai and others and there are plenty of guys here that already know that, i have absolutely nothing to prove to you and it doesn't surprise me that you are trying to play the victim....what a joke... :roll:
You may interested to know that your other account is still functioning, another lie eh....Your arrogance leads you to believe that no one is smart enough to work you out, well guess what mate.. :lol:

Go look up the definition of an "attack" mate its a lot different that outing someone based on what they have done....and remember , you started this crap....

Mick

....wow...what a looney.... :roll: ....i have pm'ed Ned..about the other account......and what business is it of yours...you ********.......

Its everyones business when you lie and rip off a fellow forum member mate,
amongst all your ramblings you have never once addressed this issue, and that makes it a forum issue, i see you have been crying to Ned again.....get over yourself ......

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:

Mine is exactly the same as what you've described ......including the no serial number.

Mick
Thanks! I always wondered why some were labeled BLS-59 and some BLS-120.

Well i received a reply...Quote....BLS-95 poly About1995
BLS-59V poly, OIL,
BLS-120 OIL, top lacquer
BLS-59 OIL, top lacquer or all lacquer

So it seems that the BLS-120's were only a lacquer top, poly underneath,{ its also possible that the early 120's were all poly same as the first 59V}i have read this elsewhere, the BLS-59v was next followed by the second run of 120's then the BLS-59, which is different from the BLS-59V.
It is hard to get intricate details from any of the Japanese manufacturers, nothing was said about chambered models but they will make anything to order so its entirely possible..

Mick

NWOBHM said:
leadguitar_323 said:

Mick
Thanks! I always wondered why some were labeled BLS-59 and some BLS-120.

Add a "V" to that first quote, the 59V and the 120 were made at the same time, there seems to be more 120's made than 59V's and the later BLS-59's

Mick

Latest posts

Back