Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Effects Pedal Repairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuBee
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Effects Pedal Repairs Reply with quote

The LED has packed up on my MXR Carbon Copy (everything else seems ok with the pedal) and I'd like to get it repaired.

Can anyone recommend somewhere where I could send it or does anybody on the board repair pedals?

Cheers

Lu_B
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just pull the led out, take it to an electronics store, buy a new one and replace it myself....its only a bulb.

Mick
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Mick...just a quick solder job..old one out/new one in.
AND...I'd switch it to the new style Blue bulbs...gives it that "modern" look...everything seems to have Blue lighting these days
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, blue is in
just be careful to remember how was connected - LED has + and - connectors
Griff
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lubee,
if you haven't soldered before, I can do it for you. I'm near Oswestry in Shropshire, so I'm not far away.

I'm not guaranteeing that there's nothing wrong except the LED, though, and you'll get a full refund if it doesn't work, cos there's no charge.

PM me for contact details, if you're interested.
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're problem solving here, any idea where I can get my Tom Tom sat-nat fixed? It's getting temperamental about recharging, seems like a dodgy connection on the charger.

Mike
Griff
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
While we're problem solving here, any idea where I can get my Tom Tom sat-nat fixed? It's getting temperamental about recharging, seems like a dodgy connection on the charger.

Mike

It isn't easy fault-finding remotely, but it's most likely a frayed wire or poor solder joint in the charger leads, as they get pulled about a bit. I don't have a Tom-Tom (I forget what my satnav is called), so I'm assuming the charger arrangement is similar to mine. If you've got any sort of continuity tester or multimeter, check the lead continuity while wiggling the connections.

If you have a friend with a TomTom, you could borrow his charger lead and see if that sorts the problem. If it does, then you could always get a replacement or have a go at repairing it.

If it's an older unit, maybe the rechargeable battery inside is becoming geriatric. I bet there will be someone in the London area on here who'll take a look at it for you.
fury_dice
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozeshin wrote:

AND...I'd switch it to the new style Blue bulbs...gives it that "modern" look...everything seems to have Blue lighting these days

They have blue LEDs from birth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: