Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me ID this guitar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~X~
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Help me ID this guitar? Reply with quote

Hi guys
Well, first time posting so thank you in advance.

I picked this up from a friend the other day, seems like I'm always rescuing strays. It was a wreck, the headstock was painted flat black so I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I came here looking for answers after I opened it up and found the circuit board in the control cavity. Very little to go by as far as identification. I got the flat black off the headstock and found no inlay of any kind and no name.

Looks like the back of the neck has been sanded as well as the back of the headstock and no serial# in sight.

The pickup routing is nothing like a Tokai but the headstock shape/size is very Tokai. No piks of it for now til I get it cleaned up a bit more. Its the circuit board that led me here but it too is not like the Tokai boards I've seen pictures of.

I thought maybe someone here might have some insight as to what it is. Again, thanks in advance for any comments or answers. Mike

~X~
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the headstock. The tuners appear to be original. No extra holes. Also on the back of the bridge is marked *LS Bridge made in Japan* as well as the tailpiece, is marked Japan. The truss rod cover is 3 screw and Ive seen the same one on Goya LP copies......the tuners are marked Japan also.

Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to forum.
definitelly not tokai
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Aria..? I don't think there were too many Japanese guitar makers using the screw in the tenon so it shouldn't be too hard to identify..

Mick
~X~
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome and the thoughtful responses guys. Some searching for piktarz of Aria's has narrowed this down pretty quickly. I found several of the pickup routing with the screws in the neck. Also some piks from the catalog showed the same circuit board. Leads me to believe its an LS600. Im working on the year now. Again, many thanks! Mike
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome mate and glad i could help...

Mick
Bassassin
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Leadguitar123 - almost certainly a Matsumoku/Aria. Try asking at the Matsumoku Forum:

http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard/index.php

Someone there might be able to ID the specific model.

Jon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: