"Vintage" electric guitars.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUSHI GUY

Reaction score
http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html

This brand "Vintage" seems extremely popular or something in the UK to me. Anyways what are they? Seems they are doing good jobs......Made in China? Tell me please someone in UK! ......J

:D

They're even cheaper in Slovenia, a friend of mine who's a music teacher and professional musician bought one and he's very impressed - he said best low budget guitar. I think he paid less then 300 ? for les paul. I need to try it once ;)

i think made in china... i've only really tried the advance series, which is the slightly higher-end series they do. Good ideas, but the quality control is a bit too variable for my liking- especially considering the fact that I'd only really be interested at internet prices. at shop prices here i could just get a tokai instead...

Hey Sushi Guy, I made a post about these guitars back in January of 2007. I ended up buying a reliced Les Paul type of guitar based on Peter Greens "Lemon Drop". Here's the original post: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7459&highlight=

Hey Kenmac, thanks for the link. So do you still have the gtr and what do you think after all??? They are made in Vietnam huh.....Didn't know that...
This brand must be very popular in the UK for their ultra value.........

That German guy named Roger was so sxxt w/me before for no reason. I got troubles by his moronness. He made my days bad really. Glad he is no more here!!!! No positive effect he was making here then. Sorry guys. I am still very pissed off when I remember that..........

Anyways, "Vintage" guitars look pretty good and hope to see them in Japan too anytime! Cort is coming to Japan lately.........

8) TJ.

KENMAC......

Do you know a Tokai guitarist in Toronto named "Stefano DeCarlo"???
He has a SG155 Walnut from 2006 if he still does. I helped him to get the gtr from Japan then but lost contact since.....He was playing in his band like Coldplay or that kind of stuff......around 30 years old and an English teacher I think.......Pretty good guy he was, I still remember......J

:D Let me know......TJ.

My guitar tech uses a modified Vintage Tele as his main gigging guitar, & it sounds pretty good. He also recently got a Vintage SG, & I was surprised how good that was too.

Mike

Hi Sushi Joe (?). I'll answer both of your questions.

"Hey Kenmac, thanks for the link. So do you still have the gtr and what do you think after all??? They are made in Vietnam huh.....Didn't know that... This brand must be very popular in the UK for their ultra value........."

Yes I still have the guitar but I haven't played it for a few months. It's got a nice feel and tone to it, especially the "out of phase" neck pickup which gives it a unique sound.

"Do you know a Tokai guitarist in Toronto named "Stefano DeCarlo"???
He has a SG155 Walnut from 2006 if he still does. I helped him to get the gtr from Japan then but lost contact since.....He was playing in his band like Coldplay or that kind of stuff......around 30 years old and an English teacher I think.......Pretty good guy he was, I still remember......J

:D Let me know......TJ.
"

Nope, sorry. I can't say I've heard of him. Sounds like his band is kind of a pop/rock type of band? If he's traveling to places like Japan then his band must be pretty successful. I'll look him up on Google and see what I can find out about him.

Back