Bacchus Vintage series BTE-67 BG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWW

Reaction score
I've had GAS for something like this since Mike got his bound tele. Now this will be soon on it's way - couldn't resist :D

BW-7UwWkKGrHgoH-C8EjlLlykEBKZpBWZw_.jpg

Dave :D

I think so too, you don't need it now you have the Navigator!! :D

I must say I'm impressed with your recent impulsive buying!

Why the Bigsby Dave? :eek: I've never understood the appeal of those things, & they add a fair bit of extra weight too.

Mike

stratman323 said:
Why the Bigsby Dave? :eek: I've never understood the appeal of those things, & they add a fair bit of extra weight too.

Mike

Hi Mike, I bought this one a lot on looks and the Bacchus reputation. I think it looks great with the bigsby - sort of more retro. I must admit I don't use whammy bars much anyway but we'll see when it arrives. :D

Dave

Mike, you got me thinking about the bigsby but the concensus seems to be that it improves the tone as well as looking really cool.

Couple of toutube links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYlFiKz5wNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2MLRbIC5M

The second one in case you wanna fit one on yours :wink:

Dave

Each to their own Dave - we have very different tastes in guitars! Personally I think they ruin the clean, simple lines of a Tele.

I have a Bigsby on my 330, & it seems much less use than a Strat trem - less range, awkward to use, tuning problems etc. But then I'm not a trem fan at all, they're screwed down on my Strats, so I'm biased, as usual.

If you want a biased opininion Mikes your man :wink:

Dave on the other hand has been known to look beyond the norm and pick up a few oddities, and his guitar collection is all the more interesting for it! The first thing a lot of people say when they see my Les Paul collection is "but they are all the same!" can't say that about Daves

That Bacchus tele is certainly going to be prised from his sticky hands for our next recording session!

:D

JohnA said:
That Bacchus tele is certainly going to be prised from his sticky hands for our next recording session! :D

There's no need to butter me up :D - you'll be welcome to borrow it. Just hope it lives up to expectations.

Dave

Love that Tele - it is brilliant!

I was bidding on it myself - on Yahoo, but due to my cautious nature I was done over by a more experienced buyer! He was right too, because when I saw the pics Hisashi put up on ebay, the guitar looked so much better than on the Yahoo listing.

Don't listen to Mike about the Bigsby - main reason it's good is because it makes the string break angle shallower (like a top loading Tele bridge does also) and you will get a more musical tone in my opinion.

JVsearch said:
.....main reason it's good is because it makes the string break angle shallower (like a top loading Tele bridge does also) and you will get a more musical tone in my opinion.

That is a very contentious statement! Top loading Tele bridges are generally the preserve of cheapo Teles. Fender gave them up after less than a year.

Latest posts

Back