Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The complete history of Bacchus

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bacchus
Plucker


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: The complete history of Bacchus Reply with quote

Great to see the new section.
If you are looking for any info on Bacchus then check out this website.
It has the complete history of the company, a factory tour and lots of photos.
www.japanvintageguitars.com Just click the Bacchus logo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SUSHI GUY
Guitar God


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 629
Location: CHINA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r u the owner of this store? where in OZland the store is located?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leadguitar_323
Guitar God


Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 3534
Location: Brisbane Australia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really a brief overview that ends up being more advertising blurb than fact. There are many excellent luthiers in Japan that don't work for Bacchus, including ESP, Tokai, Moon, and Fujigen, just to name a few. I know of another couple of excellent luthiers that weren't mentioned in that as well that work for Bacchus from time to time but also work for other manufacturers like Tokai.

Mick
_________________
so many guitars....so little money...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Bacchus
Plucker


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: The complete history of Bacchus Reply with quote

Quote:
r u the owner of this store? where in OZland the store is located?

Yes this is our store. We are in Melbourne.
Quote:
Thats really a brief overview that ends up being more advertising blurb than fact. There are many excellent luthiers in Japan that don't work for Bacchus, including ESP, Tokai, Moon, and Fujigen, just to name a few. I know of another couple of excellent luthiers that weren't mentioned in that as well that work for Bacchus from time to time but also work for other manufacturers like Tokai.

Well it is a free service. Thanks for taking the time to read it. If you have any info you would like to ad please send me an email. But also note there was a lot of info that had to be deleted when the paper was sanctioned by Deviser. They don't want all their company secrets out in the open.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
youami
Guitar God


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 651
Location: Aussie in NZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool selection of guitars you've got there, I've checked out your website many times in the past. Let me know if you want to setup a showroom in NZ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leadguitar_323
Guitar God


Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 3534
Location: Brisbane Australia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well it is a free service. Thanks for taking the time to read it. If you have any info you would like to ad please send me an email. But also note there was a lot of info that had to be deleted when the paper was sanctioned by Deviser. They don't want all their company secrets out in the open.


You are absolutely correct about the company secrets,thats the reason i mentioned no names. I wasn't having a go at your post either and i didn't know it was your shop until reading your reply, now it makes sense. One of the guys i buy guitars off is involved with Bacchus in Japan and has been dealing with them for years so a lot of the stuff i know would get me in trouble if i posted it all here.


Mick
_________________
so many guitars....so little money...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
SUSHI GUY
Guitar God


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 629
Location: CHINA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u know the ls380 from 2006 u hav now for $4250 AUD was new and only about $3000 USD at KEY Sinjyuku, Tokyo in the spring of 2006 i remember. me and my scotland buddy were gonna buy it for him but then we didnt.
it was one of only a few ls380s from 2006 that i saw in japan then......
wonder now how many people were involved since.....now in Melbourne!!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bacchus
Plucker


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: The complete history of Bacchus Reply with quote

Quote:
u know the ls380 from 2006 u hav now for $4250 AUD was new and only about $3000 USD at KEY Sinjyuku, Tokyo in the spring of 2006 i remember. me and my scotland buddy were gonna buy it for him but then we didnt. it was one of only a few ls380s from 2006 that i saw in japan then......
wonder now how many people were involved since.....now in Melbourne!!!

Brilliant guitar. You should have gone for it! Not the same one that you were looking at. Anyway this is off topic. Bacchus guitars are great and we cannot speak highly enough of them.
_________________
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group