Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird Hybrid Tokai telecaster....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffd64
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, in my local music store.. I ran into a strange Tokai instrument. Basically, the body looks like a custom Telecaster model from the 70's, but the neck/'headstock is close to being shaped like a Gibson... its not anywhere near a fender shape. Has a gold Tokai logo on it. the neck/headstock appears to be made of maple. The body looks like a thick piece of plywood from the side...

Can anyone tell me anything about this particular guitar??
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much, just that I saw one of these a month or so ago on eBay. I think it was like a natural finish 69 thinline, but with a 3-a-side headstock. Very weird.
cliffd64
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... exactly..

The body was definitely a layered plywood body... not hollow in any way like thinlines...

They only want $219 US for it... so if anyone is interested, let me know and I will get you the info

cliffd64
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this one has any value? I am curious as to even when it wqas made... It seems to pre-date the actual breezysounds...
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiosity value only I'd reckon. Depends how it plays and sounds I guess, but if its plywood I wouldn't hold out much hope there. Plus a big part of Tokais popularity is that they're close copies of established designs and a tele with a 3-a-side headstock ain't that. So if it hasn't got the quality (can't be sure obviously) or the accuracy then I doubt its going to be of great interest, especially as people generally buy Tokais to play, not hang on walls or put in vaults.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: