Tokai ES-60 vs ES-120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghs

Reaction score
What's the main difference between these guitars? I hear the ES-60 is a Korean made. Can it still be a good guitar? I'm talking about the currently produced ones. How does the ES-60 compare to a real Gibson ES-335?

Hi,

i have an ES60 and it's a very good guitar and a beautiful instrument. I wrote a review on www.harmony-central.com about it. As far as I know, is the ES120 the japanese-made model. The ES60 has very few minor flaws, but you have to look very hard. The painting on the inner side of the f-holes is not very accurate. And the binding on one horn is on one point kind of rough. But you can't see it. That's it. Maybe they spent more attantion to detail and use more expensive woods for the japanese-models.

I have a gibson firebird also, which sounds great, but had more flaws then the ES60 when I bought it (Rough fingerboard, one spring for one pickup was missing). A friend of mine has a 69 ES335. It's a great instrument, of course, but I can't see a significant difference in quality and sound. If you want to hear the ES60 click on www.chillout-bluesband.de. Under "Sounds" you will find a couple of demo-tracks, where I played the ES60. The slide-guitar is the firebird.

Greetings
Juergen

The ES60 has a maple neck, the ES120 has a mahagony neck. This definitely affects the sound. I like the clear tone my ES60 gets.

Greetings
Juergen

The Chillout Bluesband is great from the samples. Sounds like an American band, not that that makes 'em good, but the boys can sure play the blues. Very nice, Juergen! You guys upload to MP3.com?

ramsale said:
The Chillout Bluesband is great from the samples. Sounds like an American band, not that that makes 'em good, but the boys can sure play the blues. Very nice, Juergen! You guys upload to MP3.com?

Thanks you! :D We are just a hobby-band, so this means a lot to us.

Juergen

Latest posts

Back