Yahoo Auction - EGF-1200 Anyone????? 5 days to go.......

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight crack in the neck below the nut, no?

The pics blow IMHO. :-?

RyanC said:
Slight crack in the neck below the nut, no?

The pics blow IMHO. :-?

Actually the pics are very good, the seller clearly states there is a crack there......
Any good luthier can fix that.....
Besides, if u gonna spend around 200,000 yen, (I recon it will realize that even with that 'crack'), but i have not asked the seller any questions ..so.. if you really serious, you would wanna get more pics from the seller, and ask more about the description and what you see etc etc.. anyway...then make a decision either way...but hey...i still think it is a great bargain, particularly if you can get it for under 200,000 yen, or better yet 150,000 yen

regards

TOKAI JOE said:
8) r u buyin this for yourself mr.grecoburst? u should!!!!!

Hi Tokai Joe, yes i should...looks like the highest bidder is 'mister pawpaw' hehehe, or better yet 'pappa papaya' is the highest bidder...already at over 150,000 yen... i knew it would go high, it will get higher... :( but **** beautiful guitar! 8)

CliffsComicWorld said:
200,000 yen = approx $2000 USD...= a Steal of a price...

Seriously, Cliff? Even adding the cost of the neck repair? Call me crazy, but I'd rather wait for clean, non-broken example and pay market value for it. Just my opinion.

Good luck fellas! :D

Its not even a solid flametop.

Talk about how a hype can double the value on a guitar :D

I?d rather buy a R9 for sure.

you wont get an R9 for ?1400

and if you are a les paul player, I think after you tried an EGF-1200 you would not prefer an R9..

I have a few of both and the greco is my choice every time..

Koubayashi
if you think the price is hyped, why dont you sell some of yours?

I would be interested on taking a few from you...

villager said:

and if you are a les paul player, I think after you tried an EGF-1200 you would not prefer an R9..

Koubayashi
if you think the price is hyped, why dont you sell some of yours?

I would be interested on taking a few from you...

+1 villager :lol:...me too!!!

villager said:

In the US, prices are dropping, and R9 guitars are in plentiful supply. $2200 might be a little low but it's pretty close to what you can pay if you are patient and find a good deal on a used one. No worry about veneers either :)

Cali Girl said:
villager said:

In the US, prices are dropping, and R9 guitars are in plentiful supply. $2200 might be a little low but it's pretty close to what you can pay if you are patient and find a good deal on a used one. No worry about veneers either :)

exactly... there are thousands and thousands of used R9's and you have to play a lot of them to find a nice one, ..every EGF-1200 that I have had has been a superb guitar, an R9 is not a rare guitar like a EGF-1200, and I am not one of those who worry about veneer, I would rather have a killer playing veneer topped guitar than a mediocre solid top any time..

having owned around 100 historics, I have kept the 3 best (an R8 and 2 R9's) simply to demonstrate them against the Japanese LP's when people come to try guitars before buying, and so many people prefer the Japanese guitars over the historics, in fact I have never had someone ask to buy one of the historics after testing them head to head with MIJ's of a similar price..

at current conversion the ending price was ~$2350

for that kind of money I would need a 1 piece body & a solid top too :D

also add in the cost of the repair which is basically an unknown issue, because I don't speak or read Japanese

also, what is the weight of the guitar?

from the listing I can gather that it is a 1980 Greco EGF-1200 with Dry Z pups; other than that I don't know shizzle about it ..............

1980年製のグレコの58年レスポールモデルでEGF1200です。ピックアップは前後供DRY(Zスタンプ)ですので音は最高です。スペックは以下のとうりです。
●ボディ:フレイムグレインメイプル2Pトップ
      マホガニー単板バック
●ネック:マホガニー1ピース
●指板:ブラジリアンローズウッド
●インレイ:白蝶貝
●PU:DRY?2
●フィニッシュ:ラッカー
●カラー:サンバーストレディー
状態は経年の擦れや小キズは写真以外も見られますが気になるレベルでは無いと思います。1弦ペグに歪みが見られますし1弦側にクラック(写真参照)が見られますが表面上です。金属部のクスミなども見られます。ネックは真っ直ぐで12フレット弦高約3ミリでフレット山8分です。サーキット類は洗浄しておきました。演奏に問題の有る個所は御座いませんし時代を考慮しますと良い状態と思います。専用ブラウンケースは薄汚れと裏にステッカー有りです。滅多に出ない物ですが古い物ですので神経質な方はお控え下さい。ご理解された上での入札お願い致します。
★★勝手ながら3日以内に取引終了が出来る方のみとさせて頂きます。また評価内容の悪い方や新規の方は削除させて頂く場合が御座いますので予めご了承下さい★★

Back