Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Greco Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-GRECO-LES-PAUL-TENON-AND-DOWEL-TOP-END_W0QQitemZ180389120306QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item2a00078932&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Any ideas as to what it may be?
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Greco Reply with quote

Ozeshin wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-GRECO-LES-PAUL-TENON-AND-DOWEL-TOP-END_W0QQitemZ180389120306QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item2a00078932&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Chambered model - EG500?
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In his auction blurb he dribbles:
Quote:
ASYOU WELL KNOW IT IS VERY HARD TO FIND THE EXACT MODEL OF THESE GUITARS, HOWEVER I KNOW THIS ONE IS TOP END (BETTER THAN THE EG500 FOR INSTANCE) AS SHOWEN BY THE TENON AND DOWEL NECK JOINT AND 2 PIECE TOP.

So he's under the impression that it's NOT an EG500.
$800 for an EG500 is pretty rich so I wanted to know if it's a higher model as the seller seems to think/wish it.
I sent him a message asking if it's chambered.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see in one of the cavity pics Oze, see the gaps either side of the cavity and no routes in the cavity.

Mick
sebtones
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold this one on ebay a few weeks back, i think whoever buys it from the current seller will have a nice surprise awaiting them when they see the major rashes on the back edges that seem to have been left out of the description and pics(a bit more than just "wear") weird how the seller takes credit for the seymour duncans too, they were in it when i bought it!. It is a really nice guitar to play although its certainly not any higher than a eg500 considering its chambered.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebtones wrote:
I sold this one on ebay a few weeks back, i think whoever buys it from the current seller will have a nice surprise awaiting them when they see the major rashes on the back edges that seem to have been left out of the description and pics(a bit more than just "wear") weird how the seller takes credit for the seymour duncans too, they were in it when i bought it!. It is a really nice guitar to play although its certainly not any higher than a eg500 considering its chambered.

Over 9lbs for a chambered guitar? Yowza!
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this bloke a detailed response about this guitar and he chose to ignore it, even after asking for help to identify it..... that is way too much money for that thing.....

Mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: