Egnater Amps - advance heads up of tastyness!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Hi Guys

TODAY - Just got my hands on an advance model of the Egnater Rebel 20 amp with two 1x12 cabs. Without doubt THE SCHWEETEST amp i have ever got my hands on bar-none. Pricing is being finalised at the moment.

Absolutely stunning!!! Been waiting for these to arrive officially in the UK for some time....one of our distributors is going around dealers getting an idea of pre-orders and any feedback on the amps.

The amp works on EL84s, and 6V6 preamp tubes, with a dial to blend between the two, an wattage control, from 1 to 20 watts, and a master volume. The gain is as sweet a blues rock tone as you will ever here. The EQ is really really responsive and by racking back the mid, boosting the gain you get some seriously warm hard rock tones out of it.

i just have to vent on this amp - it is one of those "OH MY GOD" moments when i got it cooking this morning.

The renegade 65 looks bloody brilliant also and at the approx price points they are going to be aiming for......it is going to be very interesting.

KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED IN THE COMING MONTHS!!!

http://www.egnateramps.com/Rebel20.html

Blody hell !!!! Lurrverly.

guitarslinger said:
....The amp works on EL84s, and 6V6 preamp tubes...

Just being picky but the amp works on EL84s, and 6V6 power-amp tubes. uses ECC83 in the pre-amp. :wink:

ive got a egnater/rocktron vendetta 100w, designed by bruce egnater and built in the usa, i'd say its the best amp ive ever heard and with 4 channels its ultra versatile. id be pretty trusting of anything with egnater's name on it.

Thanks Richard, amp looks very interesting! I've never heard of an amp that combines a pair each of 6V6 and EL84 power valves to get a blend of the respective valve type tonalities.

Best regards,
Darre/Mole Man

If I remember correctly, doesn't it also have a knob for 1 to 20 watts? Great amp btw, I have a 4100, very cool too, heavy tho! Wish the Renegade would have been out at the time. Very cool feature with a blend knob between 2 EL34's and 2 6L6's.

Latest posts

Back