• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 Tokai ES100R

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregg Levy

Reaction score
Original guitar in conservative man's 8.5/excellent condition. I have owned quite a few original 1959 Gibson ES335's and this guitar is a dead ringer for the neck shape/feel, the PAF type/strength and sound found on the best of the early '59 ES335 guitars. Huge '59 neck profile with perfectly rolled edges. Extremely strong and well matched original Gotoh pickups. Plays and sounds GREAT! All original parts. Original frets in excellent condition. Original purple lined hardshell case.

$1,395.00 plus shipping/insurance.

Payment: A US bank check or US postal money orders are the ONLY forms of accepted payment. Overseas customers may pay with a bank draft purchased locally from a US bank.

frta.jpg

backa.jpg

frtb.jpg

backb.jpg

hdstcka.jpg

hdstckb.jpg

marcusnieman said:
fogboundturtle said:
Only bank draft or money order ? that's sound fishy to me.

How so? Not everyone uses Paypal. Several guitars I've purchased directly from Japan were done by bank draft.

+1

Gregg Levy
Plucker

I do not know Gregg but the things in bold are not inspiring me. There is no protection for Money Draft or Money Order. In these day and age, I am extremely cautious. At least PayPal would offer me a protection.

I hope that I am wrong and that Gregg is a nice guy and can explain why he requested this payment method.

fogboundturtle said:
Gregg Levy
Plucker

I do not know Gregg but the things in bold are not inspiring me. There is no protection for Money Draft or Money Order. In these day and age, I am extremely cautious. At least PayPal would offer me a protection.

I hope that I am wrong and that Gregg is a nice guy and can explain why he requested this payment method.

To be fair, you haven't been around long either..... don't think you'd want us to question your posts on something like that.

Anyway, the terms are the terms..... if you don't like it, shop elsewhere. I prefer not to use Paypal because they take a chunk out of your sales. As for money orders, would you take a plain old check from somebody? Not me.... I will do Paypal if need be and I'll ask for the 4% usage fee to be added in to the selling price or preferably a US Postal Service money order only.

What is un-inspiring about Norwood, NJ?

I've driven through there. Beautiful town.

:lol:

RyanC said:
What is un-inspiring about Norwood, NJ?

I've driven through there. Beautiful town.

:lol:

You got it all wrong. nothing against Norwood, NJ. Someone was mentioning buying in Japan through bank draft. This person is not from Japan, he doesn't own any store and it's not link to any ebay auction.

So why would I have sent a money order to someone, who can just run away without ever shipping me my purchase. Heck, he can even deny receiving the money. There is no protection for the buyer.

Anyway. back to the OP. You welcome for all the free bump I gave you. I am really wishing you are an honest person and who ever buys it will receive the goods.

Perhaps I should formally introduce myself My name is Gregg Levy and I owned a well known vintage guitar store called Hi Test Guitars that was located in Norwood, NJ from 1993 to 2007. Hi Test specialized in locating super clean high demand original owner Fender and Gibson electric guitars from the 1950 and 1960's. I thoroughly enjoyed the business until I sold off my inventory during 2006-2007 and retired.

Hi Test thrived accepting only bank checks and money orders. Call me old school, but that still works for me. I worked very hard to build my business reputation and always tried to act in my customers' interest. Nothing has changed.

I bought some early 1980's Tokai guitars when the Gibson guitars that I used to play out became too valuable to gig with comfortably. I have not been playing as much as I used to and I started posting here about a year ago to pass some of my personal Tokais on to the next generation.

Kind regards...Gregg

Very cool Gregg. Sounds alot like my dream job!

Beautiful guitar btw.

Welcome.

Hi Test used to have all the Les Paul Specials & Juniors. Back when they were affordable!!!

:D Bought a beauty of a goldtop LS80 from Gregg a while back and would not hesitate to do so in the future.......

Is the guitar still available? What is the current price? I saw a bump with price change but didn't see the new price?

Greg, you're in driving distance from me. You have anything else you're looking to sell? Is it worth a trip up there?

The guitar is available. The price is $1,395.00 plus shipping/insurance or you can pick it up and pay cash. I also have a bone stock 1983 Tokai FV70 in very nice shape w/OHSC.

Back