"Ochanomizu"........ tokyo super guitar street !!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOKAI JOE

Reaction score
Ochanomizu.

Ochanomizu (Japanese: 御茶ノ水) is a neighborhood in Tokyo, Japan. It extends from the Yushima section of Bunkyo-ku to the Kanda section of Chiyoda-ku. Meiji University, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, and Juntendo University all have main campuses in the area. Ochanomizu Station on the Chūō Line is the transport hub of the district. Prior to the Great Kantō earthquake, Ochanomizu University was also there; after the earthquake, it moved to its present location in the Ōtsuka neighborhood of Bunkyo-ku. Ochanomizu is also the location of the Holy Resurrection Cathedral (Nicholai-dō).

Ochanomizu is famous for its many musical instrument stores, as well as ski and snowboard shops located a short walk from the station; it is known as the "go-to" district for bargain-conscious musicians and sportsmen.

Ocha-no-mizu literally means "tea water", after the nearby Kanda River from which water was extracted to make the shogun's tea during the Edo period.

Ochanomizu Station (both JR and Marunouchi lines) is convenient to access Yushima Seidō, Yushima Tenjin, and Kanda Myōjin.

http://guitarsjapan.com/Japanese_Guitar_Shops.html
http://www.ochanomizu.info/C12268.html

8)  now u know........2

Ochanomizu_hijiribashi01.jpg

Tokyo_Public_Transportation_L8609.jpg

I took part in a Karate tournament that was run by Meiji University Karate club (Shito-ryu but I think they're Shotokan now) and I remember Ochanomizu station very well.
Representatives from the club met us at the train and between us and them I'd never seen so many brightly coloured tracksuits in my life...lol.

:D
I was there exactly this time last year (and the year before too!), didn't make it this year with the dollar the way it is :cry: ).

I actually prefer the guitar stores across from the bus station in Shibuya (mainly Ikebe Gakki stores and a Key Music) or the Ishibashi in the Parco building in Ikebekuro.. I found the Ochonamizu stores to be expensive and lots of the same stuff.

8) they are basically all similar, selling the gtrs for about the same prices
except whenever they have the bargen items for whatever their
reasons. all the stores mentioned here are the national chain store
kinds. there are also so many small shops in tokyo area alone.
ishibashi is always really good. the best one.

from the biggest here........

1 / ishibashi.

2 / ikebe.

3 / key.

4 / kurosawa.

5 / rockinn

6 / ESP stores.

7 / shimamura.

8 / yamaha stores

something like this. just an easy idea.........

8) j.

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/global/index.html

8) ishibashi internationally here........

http://www.ishibashi-webshop.jp/shop/contents3/imc.aspx

8) ishibashi gives you the pointcard like the mileagecard of the airlines.

Ishibashi is cool, bought a couple of guitars from them. They even advised me against buying a used model once after they had inspected it and found cracks in the neck pocket.

They took and sent pics and asked if I would still be interested. I wished all online shops would do that :lol:

This was listed a "C"-condition...

http://www.arkay.de/guitars/bacchus/index.html

It has a couple of dings, but I got it for small money so I'm very happy.

See I've been dealing with Ishibashi online for a few years now and have been very happy with them, but when I went to Tokyo, I found their stores were a bit crap, I much preferred Ikebe and Music Key for 'in store' purchases.. especially Music Key cos they have so many 'special run' guitars for sale!

Big Boss (the second hand store?) in Ochanamizu is AWESOME though!!

They are a pleasure to deal with online from my experience, haven't been to Japan yet so I don't know what the stores are like in person.

Hey Mow :lol:

8) by the way "ishibashi" means "the stone bridge" and there is that
famous japa comedian ******* guy named "takaaki ishibashi" who
has been very popular in japan since the 80s. dont get it why
he is so popular here when he is just a solid scumbag basically.

anyways ishibashi is very good company no doubt !!!!!!
great to have them here on the earth........

And one of the few Japanese online shops which allows paying by credit card. Ikebe Gakki only does bank transfer.

ArKay said:
They are a pleasure to deal with online from my experience, haven't been to Japan yet so I don't know what the stores are like in person.

Hey Mow :lol:

Hey man!! :D

Ishibashi are excellent online, I very rarely buy guitars local any more.

Man, you gotta make the trip across.. will blow your mind, its probably only a 3 hr flight for you? Do it man, go for a long weekend, good time of the year right now too, end of cherry blossom season so not many tourists.

I miss the yakitori bars soooo much.. :cry: I'd move to Japan tomorrow if I could, drop everything, just go.. Open a little Italian cafe serving authentic basic home style Italian cooking, little blue vespa parked out the front, pot plants, red checked table cloths, small.. no more than 8 tables.. Open it in Meguro.. sigh... one day..

Mr.Mow said:
ArKay said:
Hey man!! :D

Ishibashi are excellent online, I very rarely buy guitars local any more.

Man, you gotta make the trip across.. will blow your mind, its probably only a 3 hr flight for you? Do it man, go for a long weekend, good time of the year right now too, end of cherry blossom season so not many tourists.

I miss the yakitori bars soooo much.. :cry: I'd move to Japan tomorrow if I could, drop everything, just go.. Open a little Italian cafe serving authentic basic home style Italian cooking, little blue vespa parked out the front, pot plants, red checked table cloths, small.. no more than 8 tables.. Open it in Meguro.. sigh... one day..

I also keep watching stuff through Rinkya, but somehow I haven't felt like going through their bidding process yet. Their cost calculation seems a little confusing as well.

From China it would be 3h, but I'm currently in Germany. I will consider it for my next trip down there. Haven't had a real honeymoon with my wife yet. :) Do you need to apply for a visa beforehand or do you simply fill out an application on the plane?

Leaving everything behind is what I'm gonna do one day as well, but I will move to China since my wife's family lives there. No idea what I will do for a living yet though.

Meant to ask, do you still have that Duesenberg and are you still in love with it? Considering getting a 49er honey.

160d13c17ce310f082a34e6ac7deed6a.jpg

ArKay said:
I also keep watching stuff through Rinkya, but somehow I haven't felt like going through their bidding process yet. Their cost calculation seems a little confusing as well.

From China it would be 3h, but I'm currently in Germany. I will consider it for my next trip down there. Haven't had a real honeymoon with my wife yet. :) Do you need to apply for a visa beforehand or do you simply fill out an application on the plane?

Leaving everything behind is what I'm gonna do one day as well, but I will move to China since my wife's family lives there. No idea what I will do for a living yet though.

Visas.. not sure for you guys, for Australians we don't need to for 30 days or something.
We did our honey moon in Japan! We stayed 2 nights up in a super luxury ryokan in Hakone (way up in the mountains), was about 90,000Y a night (all meals inc), had our own private hot spring on the deck overlooking the valley, **** was it worth it!!

The Duesenberg? Yeah, still rockin it, though I'm 90% playing bass now so to be honest its been a few months since I've picked up a 6 string! I guess that Honey one is a 'Les Paul' type? Really impressed by the quality of them. I'd buy one of their basses if they made a decent full scale, all their cool basses are shortys.

I usually go there once a month or so.
But it is mainly the McDonalds concept with the large chains represented.
And the prices are always double that of small shops in Yokohama, Chiba or other places (bought a fully original -1980 Greco EGF1800 in Yokohama, in a shop near the main JR station for 3man a few years a go).

On the +
Ochanomizu is easy accesed by 2-3 trainlines and is located just a few minutes from Shibuya.
Plenty of stores
Everything qithin a few minutes walk

and some -
Expensive
in general a bad selection of Japanese Vintage (especially if it is not Fender JV)
Too many gakkusei :D

8) hey kobayashi san (小林さん......r u AM-Japa or som?)
what do you do in tokyo alone living in kabukicyo?
r u an english speaking bartender there or som?
just wonderin who u r and what u do there.
cant imagine much really someone living in that town.
so whats your short cool strange story in japan 小林さん?

TOKAI JOE said:
8) by the way "ishibashi" means "the stone bridge" and there is that
famous japa comedian ******* guy named "takaaki ishibashi" who
has been very popular in japan since the 80s. dont get it why
he is so popular here when he is just a solid scumbag basically.

anyways ishibashi is very good company no doubt !!!!!!
great to have them here on the earth........

http://talent.yahoo.co.jp/pf/profile/pp6069

@ this fxxkin sxxt moron is "takaaki ishibashi"
many young guys likes him but the rest of
the japanese people dislike him usually........
a shame of japan ever! a solid scumbag.....

Back