eBay - 1981 Greco EGF-1800

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many Mod's for my taste.......not enough pictures.. like the "Z" stamps on the bottom of the pups and the top itself viewed with the pick ups removed inside the picj up routes.. just to name a few...

now it's listed as a EGF-1200, but does have a pic of a Dry Z pickup. also BIN reduced to $3500

?????????

more TYPICAL fleaBay BS from sellers that have nothing better to do than to try & scam other members :roll:

photo 7 clearly shows a veneer top so, their goes the sellers original claim of an 1800 model :roll:
It was supposed to be an 1800 but now it's a 1200, or it could be a 1000 or an 850, with a DryZ :lol: ............. make up your mind fella ..........

the hardware (pup covers) look new, yet the base looks typical for an aged Greco pickup
I suppose the seller doesn't know how to get a pic of both pup bottoms in one shot :roll:

No serial pic from the head stock rear (more :roll: ) so, IMO, more fleaBay BS from very questionable sellers making the very few good sellers on eBay look bad too :roll:

F 'em ..................................

Rich.... I agree........................... the guitar is a Super Real Model.... But.... Lower end model.. that some one has added Dry "Z" pups.......The seller shows only 1 of the pups as well..

In my conversations with the seller he really does not know what he owns.. I would venture to say that the Super Real at some point had Dry Z pups installed due to the wiring cavity picture and the frets look jumbo but no binding. The guitar is very questionable....

CliffsComicWorld said:
In my conversations with the seller he really does not know what he owns.. I would venture to say that the Super Real at some point had Dry Z pups installed due to the wiring cavity picture and the frets look jumbo but no binding. The guitar is very questionable....

there seems to be a string of sellers on fleaBay lately that just have no business even attempting to sell

the laziness, the ignorance, and the disregard for their potential customers by these morons is just a show of contempt for those very same potential customers

fleaBay has been destoyed by a few bad apples, IMO ...............

MIJvintage said:
the laziness, the ignorance, and the disregard for their potential customers by these morons is just a show of contempt for those very same potential customers

Wholeheartedly agree Rich!

But, the MIJ manufacturer's history of confused models, specs, etc. just opens the door to doubt ... and deceit. I wouldn't touch this guitar period. :eek:

f5joe said:
MIJvintage said:

Wholeheartedly agree Rich!

But, the MIJ manufacturer's history of confused models, specs, etc. just opens the door to doubt ... and deceit. I wouldn't touch this guitar period. :eek:

If sellers don't know what they have, then they have no business attempting to sell, unless they honestly state their ignorance.

If they are just attempting to scam others, then they have no business selling.

It's to the point where sellers say something like, "here's a guitar, wow, buy it, it's an 1800, no, it's a 1200, it weighs 7 pounds, no it weighs 9 pounds"

WTF ....................

Ignorance, scam, it doesn't matter 'cause one is just as annoying & wrong as the other.

Only way to sell something like this is, like Rich said, throw it on eBay, state your ingnorance of the facts, list it with a low starting bid and no reserve, and let the masses figure it out / take their chances. Just my 2 cents...

Jason

Best thing for this Bloke to do would be to bring the gutiar over here at the forum, post as many detailed pics as possible with as much info as he knows about it and we could collectively figure it out. That's why we're all here. :)

These are crazy times we live in ......... What do they say " Desperate Times Brings Desperate Measures".... Moral of the story..... Know what you are buying...

Yeah,especially when asking $3500 for it!!! Didn't the last one sell for around $3100 and it was totally original?
And lots of parts changed and a fret job,but he says it's in "near mint" condition??? WTF

it doesn't even look like a "Ladyburst" to me....I think it's actually a EGF-1000.

MIJvintage said:
more TYPICAL fleaBay BS from sellers that have nothing better to do than to try & scam other members :roll:

photo 7 clearly shows a veneer top so, their goes the sellers original claim of an 1800 model :roll:
It was supposed to be an 1800 but now it's a 1200, or it could be a 1000 or an 850, with a DryZ :lol: ............. make up your mind fella ..........

the hardware (pup covers) look new, yet the base looks typical for an aged Greco pickup
I suppose the seller doesn't know how to get a pic of both pup bottoms in one shot :roll:

No serial pic from the head stock rear (more :roll: ) so, IMO, more fleaBay BS from very questionable sellers making the very few good sellers on eBay look bad too :roll:

F 'em ..................................

The covers aren't soldered on, I'm sure they're just new covers that got stuck on. This Japanese guitar frenzy is nuts. You really need a program to keep up with all the models and variances.

The seller has no idea...........reminds me of another post recently....

Anyway

It is modified EGF850 or EGF1000.....

EGF1200 indicators to be aware of are...
1. True 58 neck
2. small dot markers
3. headstock Greco logo is thickest for 1980, and slightly thinner for 1981, the logo angle is less than EGF850/1000 which have a steeper angle and the normal post 76 greco thin logo.
4. standard with Dry Z

But the BIG giveaway for a genuine EGF1200, are the 58 Gibson style thin frets...before they went jumbo in 59[/i]

gb :D

Can we re-consider this guitar again? I noticed it's back up with a "Make Me An Offer" button; I would consider making him an offer if it was a 1200 as these guitars are Never for sale in Canada. I guess the color would be the only way to tell that it's not a 1000 or an 850. From what I understand, 850's and 1000's where only available in Chery Burst; is this true? I would say this guitar looks more Honeyburst.

Could it be a 1200 with new frets and some general monkey'ing around in the control cavity? What is suspicious is that the Dry Z's have new covers attached. 1200's already came with covered pickups so why change them?

I've asked him some questions but he hasn't responded yet. :-?

Back