Is this a Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
Have a question about a love rock I just saw on craigslist. Is it a real Tokai? Go to graigslist for city of Worcester. Just wondering.

This site a worldwide site..many people from many different countries..now I realize that other countries than America is in itself a foreign concept to you guys(except Marcus coz he's Texan and they're Australia's surrogate cousins)but a link would be appreciated..
(just kidding with you btw :p )

Michael said:
I think this will work. Thank for you patience
http://worcester.craigslist.org/
Sorry but that's absolutely no help whatsoever.. :eek:
Browse to the exact item THEN copy THAT browser address.
Is THIS the guitar in question?
http://providence.craigslist.org/msg/1126646229.html

I went to Craigslist and did a search for Tokai.
This and a Fresher came up....if you're considering buying I'd go the Fresher over this.
I actually sent the seller an email to see if he sold it yet.

From the ad

"This guitar is rarity (they made very few of them) it was one of the last "great NLS Love Rock" guitars distributed before Gibson shut them down in 2004."

Tokai were shut down by Gibson in 2004? :eek: Why didn't one of you tell me? :roll: I would never have bought my 2007 Tokai ES130 if I had known Tokai didn't exist any more.......

Mike

PS "Price gone up because of its authenticity". WTF? :roll:

Ozeshin said:
BUHAHAHAHA...
The email I sent the seller...
"So I was wondering if you offloaded that fake Tokai onto a sucker yet"

Sorry boys but that guitar is legit. It was Tokai's one last attempt for the US market and it didn't last. This was the modified Love Rock with a shorter horn at the cutout, the knob placement is reversed and the paddle headstock.

These were only around for a very short time because yes, it got dumped because of copyright issues.

I hate when the seller spells like a retard but actually get's his story right :evil:

Back