Ok, guys Im just looking for two quick questions here.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehollx

Reaction score
Ive narrowed down my search, and have decided to get either the LS70F in either a VF or MDR color

or
the LC70 or LC70S depending on whether a mahog or maple top would suit me.

Ok, so 2 questions:

I like in the US. I am willing to buy new or used. How do I go about ordering one, and where from?

and...

Which of these models, the LS70 or the LC70 has a thinner neck? I like ithe neck to feel thin when I play, and the smaller of a distance betweent he thumb on the back of the neck and the fingers on the fretboard, the better. Usually, people say customs have thinner necks than standards. Does this hold true for the Tokais?

Thank you so much for your time. I look forward to a response...for reaearching has now put me to a standstill and I need to seek advice.

The LC's have a maple top as well which is the same for LP Customs. You have to get the LS320 to get a mahog top.

As for the neck if you need to test them out just try the Gibsons. The LC is the same as a custom and the LS is a Standard. For the Standards you might want to try a reissue model as that will be closest to the Tokai.

I've played both the LC and LS but can't remember the neck feel.

Ned

I have an LC65, as well as a Gibson LP Studio, and the necks on the two are pretty similar in feel (which is why I bought the Custom in the first place, I've owned a few guitars with skinny-ish necks, but didn't get on with them).

I honestly don't know if Tokai DO a neck profile which is similar to the Gibson "slim taper", as all the Love Rock's I've tried have the "59" style neck.

You could always try an Epiphone LP Classic which does have the slim neck, but nowhere near the quality of a Tokai.

Well not to pitch or anything, I have a Tokai LR listed in the classified forum, that's an 82', and it has a 60's profile nk, slim, not quite as sml as my late 60's 335, but very noticably small, so yes they can be had, not sure about the new ones, not my bag.

I am very interested....however, I am not planing on purchasing my guitar until mid-may...

however..... I would like to see pictures....and if you dont seel it by then, let me know about a price and Ill dee what I can do.
thanks..here is my email:
[email protected]

Back