eric johnson's 1958 goldtop mint!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOKAI JOE

Reaction score
:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ERIC-JOHNSONS-1958-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-GOLDTOP-NEAR-MINT_W0QQitemZ160332778013QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2554940a1d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A35|294%3A50

:roll:

Superb condition original LP! :eek: :p

I can't help getting a bit excited when I occasionally see these guitars.

See how the neck has a slight V-shaped profile - Gibson have only just included that detail on the Historics this year.

Is Austin weird? That little catch phrase is quite humorous, better than some of the ones we've had in here in Australia.

JVsearch said:
Is Austin weird? That little catch phrase is quite humorous, better than some of the ones we've had in here in Australia.

Austin is not like the typical Texas city. Very environmentally conscious, kind of hippy dippy, big in the arts, etc. It is also gorgeous. Austin is located in the Texas Hill Country with rolling hills, lakes, natural springs, etc (most of the state is flat and not nearly as pretty).

However it's grown massively over the last 20 years and it's becoming a big city with all of the big city hassles - the beautiful hills are now covered with new homes, new highways, etc. I lived there in the 80's and it doesn't look or feel the same as it did then. So when people say keep Austin wierd, they mean hang on to what it was before.

Austin's not wierd, it's cool. But Austinites don't take the wierd reference as an insult. It's a badge of honor.

marcusnieman said:
JVsearch said:

Austin is not like the typical Texas city. Very environmentally conscious, kind of hippy dippy, big in the arts, etc. It is also gorgeous. Austin is located in the Texas Hill Country with rolling hills, lakes, natural springs, etc (most of the state is flat and not nearly as pretty).

However it's grown massively over the last 20 years and it's becoming a big city with all of the big city hassles - the beautiful hills are now covered with new homes, new highways, etc. I lived there in the 80's and it doesn't look or feel the same as it did then. So when people say keep Austin wierd, they mean hang on to what it was before.

Austin's not wierd, it's cool. But Austinites don't take the wierd reference as an insult. It's a badge of honor.

ALL OF WHAT MARCUS SAID... I was stationed near Austin in the late 60's and man it was great going there on days off... A Gorgeous college town, lots of great bars and music, terrific food and really nice folks... Such a nice place couldn't be kept quiet forever, I am sure there is still lots of the charm that made Austin what it was then...

Latest posts

Back