Tokai ID

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tojoe

Reaction score
I will have some of these pics posted soon:

Goldstar 54 ST80 strat-4 dig#, stamped E pu's w/this code in the cavity..7=4 MRZ, aldonized p/g, fire engine red.

Love Rock SB,82'#, bell shape trust cover

Love Rock Bk,89'#, non bell.

Tokai 'V', 84'#, non bell.

Does this sound right, all in vg/ex shape,1 LR w/JB pu's, any idea of a ball park values, thinking of making them available...

Hi tojoe,

Not sure about the anodized pickguard, but apart from that they all sound right.

I wonder if the 'MR' in the ST's body code refers to it being Metallic Red (Tokai's name for that bright red colour). I noticed the gold Springy on the pics page has a 'G' in its code. My own sunburst 335 replica has '100 SB' on the body. Anyone else got any thoughts on this (sorry to highjack your post tojoe! :smile: )?

James

James that makes sense, it is metalic red and it's almost a stamp in appearance on a little strip with that has no finish.

Yeah, it looks like they put a piece of tape over it when they were spraying. Maybe the numbers refer to batches or something? I'd be interested to hear from others as to what body codes their guitars have and if they match the colour. Next time I get a chance I'll check my Goldstar.

James

The metallic blue Springysound on eBay that Barry posted a link to has 'MB' in its control cavity code.

Hi guys, if anybody's interested some pics have been posted of the above guitars, thanks Ned.. Iv'e just listed them locally, so if your interested, the time is now.
Starting prices: subject to review by you
LR 82' $800 US
LR 89' $700
Goldstar $550
Flying V $550

I also have some others, can provide pics if needed.

Les Paul St. refin 76 cherry/w dbl white 59's
$850
early 90's Fender Mex Tele delux $300
El Degas glu/nk 335,dimarzio's, amazing $300
Greco LP..? Duncan pu's/w/Gig pu covers & tuners $350, have more, I'm trimming down...email for info [email protected]

Back