• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1985 Greco RG-80 Rickenbacker Clone

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagadix

Reaction score
Hey Greco people - I don't post here much, but I do lurk on the Greco forum here.

I have a really nice vintage Greco Rickenbacker clone for sale. It's a 1985 RG-80, in jetglo with double binding, sharkfin inlays, and toaster pickups. It is all original.

set-72157616353265472

(I can't seem to get the image to display. Any help here would be appreciated. There are many large photos viewable at the link below.)

This guitar looks, sounds and plays great. Like all Greco early 80s guitars, it has beautiful craftsmanship, and is just dripping with vintage mojo. The binding has yellowed nicely with age (this was hard to capture in the photos - there was a little too much sunlight). It has its share of playwear from 24 years of use, but no major issues. Neck is straight and action is low with no buzzing. In my opinion, the frets could use a dressing. It plays fine now, but would play even better if you've got 30 minutes and a fret crowning file, or your local repairperson, to level out the frets.

Those of you who are fans of these guitars know how rare they are in North America. I regularly surf Yahoo Japan auctions, and although I see Greco Ricks that are hollowbodies, and Greco Ricks that have toaster pickups, rarely do you see both these features together.

The guitar is located in Texas, USA. I will only ship to the USA and Canada. If you're located elsewhere, you'll need a USA address for me to ship the guitar to. Price is $795 firm, payable through PayPal. Please, don't ask me about offers or trades - I'm selling this to raise money for another guitar. Shipping will be a flat $50 to the continental USA. Alaska, Hawaii or Canada buyers will pay actual shipping charges, plus any Canadian import duties/taxes.

If you have questions about this guitar or would like to arrange purchase, you can contact me at mrgb at mail dot com. My eBay username is bagadix, and you can see that i have 10 years of perfect feedback, most of it buying/selling guitars/amps.

See lots more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/23573363@N08/sets/72157616353265472/

Latest posts

Back