Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another 'lawsuit' Springysound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Another 'lawsuit' Springysound Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played one identical to that, years ago in a tiny little secondhand shop in Swansea. I'd only just heard of Tokai and that they were supposed to be good guitars. At the time I wasn't used to strats with vintage radius necks and small frets so, while it sounded nice, I found it a bit heavy going. I think the guy wanted about ?200 for it, which I thought was a lot for a Fender copy in 'Ford metallic blue', so I didn't buy it. Ah, the foolishness of youth
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only you knew then what you know now...
TommyR
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same model from 1986 (a Goldstar Sound), it's a TST-55, the sticker has managed to stay in place after all these years. It was the first 'quality' electric guitar I bought. I can't be sure but I've got a figure of ?239.00 in my head as the price I paid at the time.

That guitar on ebay seems to have yo-yo'd around for a couple of months now.

TommyR

james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not I've just seen another one of these - a Goldstar this time. Unfortunatly it had been refretted with very high wire - ruined the feel I thought. And at 450GBP was way pricey. This must've been a popular colour in the UK.
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting silly - Wizard Guitars have got one too . The price, however, is nothing to laugh about: ?649!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: