Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

opinion on a couple of vintage tokai str*t types

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratnpaul
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: opinion on a couple of vintage tokai str*t types Reply with quote

I want a rosewood board guitar. I live in the US. What is your opinion of this one? Is it a nice one? Is it an early or late 80s model?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-AST-62_W0QQitemZ110367321380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item110367321380&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Has anyone purchase from a Japanese dealer? In particular, this
seller, because I actually like this one better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320349497184&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Any input from you folks is much appreciated.
makaze
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the second guitar was a nice guitar, did you buy it??

Chingo is one of the most prolific sellers on ebay, mainly sourced from yahoo japan, he sells loads of guitars with small margins. He's a well know seller and you should feel confident about buying through him.

Good luck with your search / purchase.The first guiatr is a new headsatock version, not very popular but may be a good buy.
japaxes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , I have puchaced guitars from CHINGO & have alwys found his discriptions 100% acurate , he always shows lots of photographs (of the guitar you are bidding on ) Highly recomeneded . I too prefer the guitar in the second photo .regards japaxes
stratnpaul
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys know if there will be custom charges or other hidden costs? Again this is from US to Japan.
I know it is slow (months verse weeks) but SEA shipping is half the cost of EMS delivery. Is it reliable?
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had stuff delivered by sea before, as you say it's slow but I didnt have any problems. If I was buying an expensive guitar though I would always get it delivered by air just to safe.

Tax and duty in the US seems to be a very hit & miss process, it seems to depend where you live, and through which port the guiar enters the country. You really need advice from someone local that's had a good few guitars delivered.
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't send something as delicate as an instrument via sea. You've the same chance of damage (bad handlers, motion, etc) as air freight, but you're multiplying the number of times you expose the cargo to those factors because of the months-not-weeks thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: