placement of the guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
Hi every one :) Which is better, Hanging the guitar on the wall, on a guitar stand, or storing in the case. The reason I ask is I have a guitar that weighs about 8 pounds (Tokai Love Rock) and hanging it by the neck on the wall seems potentially harsh--will it stretch the neck? :lol:
I'm a newbie and I'd appreciate your help with (what may seem) my silly questions. Thanks Michael

I doubt you could cause any structural damage by hanging the guitar, but you would be leaving it open to gather dust and exerting some sort of extra tension on the neck. .Also, poorly padded guitar hangers can scratch or scuff.

I'd say the best place for a guitar is in its case, laid flat. If you pick it up everyday I don't see any harm in leaving it out on a stand (this is what I do with my workhorse guitar), but if it is to be unused for any period of time it should go back in its case.

Having said that, when I was younger most of my guitars were on hangers and it never did them any harm - but they were all cheap and all had bolt-on necks!

If your going to play 'em hang 'em up. If your not put them away in a case.

They'll look really nice and you'll play them much more than if you have to keep getting them out.

Dave

I'm with Dave on this - if I put a guitar away in it's case, I can't enjoy it's beauty, & I'm less likely to feel tempted to pick it up. Mine go on hangers or on stands, & they get moved around.

If hanging a Love Rock on a hanger damaged the necks, I think we would have heard about it on here.

Mike

Thanks every one for your help :D I would miss my guitars if I could not see them every day, plus It like being in a candy store( which one will I pick to play today :D . Again thank you
Michael

stratman323 said:
I'm with Dave on this - if I put a guitar away in it's case, I can't enjoy it's beauty, & I'm less likely to feel tempted to pick it up. Mine go on hangers or on stands, & they get moved around.

same here

Back