How rare is my ATE' 52?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adwoa

Reaction score
I had been haunting a vintage and used guitar shop here in DC for a Fender '52 tele reissue when I stumbled upon the Tokai. I plugged it in and was amazed...In my humble opinion, this guitar sounds better than the Fender model, hands down!

I have surmised at this point that the guitar was made in about 1985. I am wondering tho

1) How many of these were made?

2) The serial number on this pup is 22031. Am I correct in my summation that this is indeed a Japanese model?

Any feedback ould be greatly appreciated.

Adwoa

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Adwoa on 2002-02-28 11:39 ]</font>

Get out! Is there anyway for me to know this for sure?

It doesn't matter much. I am madly in love with this guitar.

Thanks!

Adwoa

Adwoa,

Check the headstock pictures on the Guitars page of http://www.tokairegistry.com

If your tele has the spaghetti logo rather than the silver script type then its an 82 or earlier.

James

James, thanks for the tip. I have the silver script so it must be a mid-80s model. The woman that sold it to me told me the year when I bought it but I really cannot remember whether she said '83, '84 or '85. It's somewhere in there tho.

Thanks again.

Adwoa

Hi Adwoa,

I see from the pic you've posted that your guitar has the reshaped headstock, so according to the info on the registry that makes it an 84 or later.

James

Latest posts

Back