UK Tokai Owners Convention Enrolment

Discussion that is not Tokai or guitar focused.

Moderator: ned

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Or even non-Japanese. if you can be bothered to bring it along, a guitar's a guitar! I would be very interested to see Moleman's Hamer's if he can make it!!

I'll bring a Bacchus (at least one) and maybe an OBG and a Greco or two as well!!

AlanN
Guitar God
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: Lancashire, UK

Post by AlanN » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:52 pm

+1 for me - my friend Adrian is coming. No Japanese guitars, but he's an amazing player and he'll bring something!

iainblack
Guitar God
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by iainblack » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 am

Well, looks like I will be free on the 7th so it would be good to go with that date if possible.

International football weekend means there is no prem league games so it doubles the chance of me being able to make it - 14th Feb was next I think but valentines would be a problem for the romantics and henpecked among us. 28th March is another clear day but not sure if that was an FA Cup date - but that does not matter now.

Roll on the 7th! Am I OK to bring my roadie? My Brother in Law (he who carved the dragon guitar) says he would like to attend and would be useful to have carrying guitar cases, especially if I have a baby with me!! (Don't worry she is very well behaved).

Weather permitting also!!!

iainblack
Guitar God
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by iainblack » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:32 am

Well, looks like I will be free on the 7th so it would be good to go with that date if possible.

International football weekend means there is no prem league games so it doubles the chance of me being able to make it - 14th Feb was next I think but valentines would be a problem for the romantics and henpecked among us. 28th March is another clear day but not sure if that was an FA Cup date - but that does not matter now.

Roll on the 7th! Am I OK to bring my roadie? My Brother in Law (he who carved the dragon guitar) says he would like to attend and would be useful to have carrying guitar cases, especially if I have a baby with me!! (Don't worry she is very well behaved).

Weather permitting also!!!

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 am

Roadies and babies welcome :)

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 am

I checked with Richtone, but neither of them can make it, though they hope we have a good day.

Bob at Tokai UK has marked the date in his diary, & has asked to be kept up to date with the venue etc.

What about amps? I would rather not drag a valve amp all the way up the M1 if possible.

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 am

stratman323 wrote:I checked with Richtone, but neither of them can make it, though they hope we have a good day.

Bob at Tokai UK has marked the date in his diary, & has asked to be kept up to date with the venue etc.

What about amps? I would rather not drag a valve amp all the way up the M1 if possible.
I don't think we'll need heaps of amps, I'll have my Tokai TA-35 because it's a Tokai, and a few others have said they'll bring there's so I wouldn't worry about bringing yours.

Thanks for contacting Bob & Rich, shame Rich can't make it, lets hope Bob does.

We're nearly in to double figures :D Lets have a few more sign up!

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:37 am

JohnA wrote:I don't think we'll need heaps of amps, I'll have my Tokai TA-35 because it's a Tokai, and a few others have said they'll bring there's so I wouldn't worry about bringing yours.
Not heaps maybe, but 2 or 3 valve amps would be nice.

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 am

Well, I can bring mine, mirrorboy and DaveWW have said they'll bring theirs too.

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 am

Roadies and babies welcome
Was that "babies" or "babes" John.... :wink:

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 am

leadguitar_323 wrote:
Roadies and babies welcome
Was that "babies" or "babes" John.... :wink:

Mick
Babes more than welcome too, just a thought, do we have any girls on the forum?

japaxes
Guitar God
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:12 am
Location: birmingham england

Post by japaxes » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:36 am

Hope all you guy's & girls (if any ) have a good time sadly, i couldn't get to this one . But hopefully it will be the first of many ....

DaveWW
Guitar God
Posts: 1451
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:37 am
Location: North East UK

Post by DaveWW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've just found out that I have to go to Brazil for work on the 7th and won't get back to the UK until the 13th.

Hope you all have great time. I'm disappointed I'll be missing it.

Dave

JohnA
Guitar God
Posts: 4176
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:49 am
Location: Leicester UK

Post by JohnA » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 pm

DaveWW wrote:Hi Folks,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've just found out that I have to go to Brazil for work on the 7th and won't get back to the UK until the 13th.

Hope you all have great time. I'm disappointed I'll be missing it.

Dave
Shame - You'll be missed Dave, but at least you're going somewhere nice!!

DaveWW
Guitar God
Posts: 1451
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:37 am
Location: North East UK

Post by DaveWW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

JohnA wrote:
DaveWW wrote:Hi Folks,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've just found out that I have to go to Brazil for work on the 7th and won't get back to the UK until the 13th.

Hope you all have great time. I'm disappointed I'll be missing it.

Dave
Shame - You'll be missed Dave, but at least you're going somewhere nice!!
Thanks for the kind words. Never been before so I'm looking forward to that too. Maybe try out a Craviola :lol:

Dave

Post Reply