Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fernandes Super Grade (Parade?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I know this isn't a Tokai, but I've heard a bit about these lately and they seem to be of similar quality to the early Love Rocks. Anyway, Wizard Guitars in the UK has one from the 80s for 799 GBP. They're calling it a Super Parade, but I've seen them refered to elsewhere as Super Grade. I don't remember the flame tops from the 80s, but I definitly remember seeing a Fernandes LP Custom copy. It was a dead ringer for the cream one Randy Rhodes used (it may even have been sold as a Randy Rhodes model?). Anyone else remember these?
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,as I have said in another post there is very tricky to tell a Fernandes high end from another, as the model,s name isn,t as clear as Tokai,s(TST- 50,60,80,etc...for example).The names changed as times goes by,so I am not sure about models.I am only sure 90,s models are R- prefix(R-2 in LPs replicas).They are some very good Fernandes guitars,and a good guitar is a good guitar whatever the name printed on the headestock.
But if you are planning to buy one I can suggest you getting a Tokai.They are closer in look and sound .
NPH
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Fernadez LP from the early 90's and it is a good guitar, comparable to a Love Rock. The only difference is that on the Fernadez the neck binding goes over the fret ends (like Gibson) I always wondered why Tokai never did this - cost saving probably, but they make so much effort with the other aspects of contruction it seems strange. Anyway the point of this is that the Fernadez Super Grade is a good guitar, but I prefer Tokais.
Heppy
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I just bought a new cherry sunburst Fernandes Super Grade form Wizard,I a.b it with a few Tokais and a couple of studios and it blew them away, for quality and sound.I know this wont be liked on here..!!
If I get a chance I'll post some piccies up.
Heppy
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this should work
http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/141488989
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heppy,

I didn't know that they were making them again! Wonder why Wizard don't have them on their website? Anyway, your guitar looks great and you won't get any complaints here for saying that you think its better than the new Tokais - people first bought Tokais because they wanted quality without paying for the Gibson or Fender name, so it should be the same when comparing Tokais with other makes. Just because Tokais are the 'famous' replicas it doesn't automatically make them better. And of course its all down to personal taste anyway.

Cheers

James
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokai built some Fernandes models in the past(I don,t know actually),FST-50 and 60 in particular.I don,t think FST-80 were too,but who knows...Some LP replicas could be built too.They botrh are great guitars for the money.

We must remember that Japaneses tried to make better guitars than US and they could do the job.Japanese mentality is always trying to make their best in every thing they do.
luis
Guitar God

Tokai built some Fernandes models in the past(I don,t know actually),FST-50 and 60 in particular.I don,t think FST-80 were too,but who knows...Some LP replicas could be built too.They botrh are great guitars for the money.

We must remember that Japaneses tried to make better guitars than US and they could do the job.Japanese mentality is always trying to make their best in every thing they do.
luis
Guitar God

goddardo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I recently bought a stunning Fernandes Super Grade LP Gold top with P90 Soapbars.The build quality is second to none.There were no ser numbers on the headstock rear, but hand written numbers on the lip of the control cavity just under the cover.I'm guessing it's an 80's model.Can't remember the number.
I've never owned an old Tokai LP to compare it with, but it knocks the spots off the fit & finish of the new ones.My mate has a flame top re-badged to Gibson.People are getting wiser about not doing this anymore.It devalues them.

Thanks. G.
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddardo,supergrade models are the Fernandes high end of 77-80 era.This time is the japanese golden era,so te qualitty has to be from very good to great.You got a excellent guitar for sure.
Heppy
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this Fernades on Ebay its a steal at the present.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=861250056&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting
PHILIP
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys but i to have a fernandes super grade les paul in honeyburst and it is far
superior in looks and build to the new tokai love rocks i have seen. I remember the early eighties when these guitars first came on the scene and the fernandes then was considered on an equal par with the tokais.
I was interested to see the price of the one
at wizard guitars and the fact that someone paid that much.
Lee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernandez Strat for sale on the LOOT website today 01/05/02 if anyone's interested? Seller sezz it's an early one. Not an expert myself. Anyone interested?
Lilli
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi every SuperGrade-freak. I also just bought F'SuperGrade (G'Standart GoldTop) and
I think it is the best guitar I've ever had..! But some questions: (1)where is the serialnumber & (2)what means 'VH 1' on both
pickups(are these p'ups original Fernandes production or...?) - My dear is made, I think, in early '90s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: