EL MAYA GUITAR (MIJ)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi972

Reaction score
Anybody knows anything about them? I had one with ash body, dimarzio pups... pretty heavy weight. Very nice sounding guitar.

Now I saw on the net some Strat like :

7563.jpg

Mine was this one:

sonyh1170zs6.jpg

MAYA See also El Maya. Instruments previously produced in Japan from the mid 1970s through the mid 1980s. Maya guitars span the range of entry level to medium quality solid body, semi-hollowbody, and archtops that feature both original designs and other designs based on classic American favorites. The Maya company also produced a secondary trademark called "El Maya" that featured good quality Fender-based designs as well as some originals.

EL MAYA See Maya. Instruments previously built in Japan from the mid 1970s to the mid 1980s. The El Maya instruments were generally good quality solid body guitars featuring original designs and some based on Fender styles. The El Maya trademark was part of range offered by the Maya guitar producer.

BAMBU Instruments previously built in Japan in the late 1970s.
The model CB625 was a solid body built by the Maya company, and featured a laminated bamboo neck, two humbuckers and active circuitry.
All were built by Rokkoman in their Kobe factory.
I own a Maya Michael Schenker model Vee.

Do you have some pictures?
Mine was very well made, the wood and construction was excellent.
I?m very satisfied with guitars MIJ.

More info has come up about the Mayas and El Mayas and Bambus.

The Bambus were made by the Chushin guitar factory. There is an obvious Chushin on the bridge in this photo http://www.guitardir.com/img/11376-1-bambu_add.jpg

Chushin are a guitar factory in Japan and are still around. Chushin would have made some of the strange guitar brands that often end up in forums as being Matsumoku or Fujigen made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FujiGen

The Mayas and El Mayas were more than likely made by Chushin as well.

Rokkomann (The real name has 2 n's on the end) were just a distributor/orderer of guitars based in Kobe Japan. Like all these companies sush as Hoshino with Ibanez etc, Rokkoman ordered guitars to be made from a guitar factory (Chushin) and then distributed them to music shops.

Necro Post time lol!
My refinished El Maya with a Warmoth guard.

EDIT...whoa...my post is EXACTLY 3 years after the last post!?
Twilight Zone do dee do dooo.

6784096101_be9372352a_b.jpg
6784094127_cfc4f8f60c_b.jpg

Back