Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOKAI MAKES CLASSICAL GUITAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w4rm0ng3r
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: TOKAI MAKES CLASSICAL GUITAR Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i found an ad on craigslist for a Tokai Classical guitar, made in the 70s in Japan and distributed in the US, anyone ever heard of tokai classical models?
if any of you experts out there can identify this and tell me the value in either USD or CAD
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/981440791.html for me, it would be much appreciated
Innadaze
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokai started making simple little classical acoustic guitars (the kind with the nylon strings with a wide flat neck that you finger pick) back in the mid 60's. All the ones like that I've ever seen were pretty old looking with quite a bit of age wear. They weren't very expensively made when they were new. Tokai started making a lot better acoustics (like the CE series) when it contracted with Martin to make Sigmas in 1972 and then the D-28 and D-35 replica Cats Eyes acoustics.

One of the old classical Tokais is probably OK as a collector's item. The one in that ad looks pretty good but I wouldn't pay very much for it unless I had a chance to play it or see if stayed in tune or had any other problems (belly swell, neck bow, bridge, etc).
w4rm0ng3r
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info Innadaze!
Can anyone suggest a price for the guitar in the ad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: