Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Orville compared to Tokais..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pott
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: This Orville compared to Tokais..? Reply with quote

Looks beautiful, I love Customs!
Do these usually compare well to Tokais?

Edit: It refuses to give me the link for some reason...Can't tag it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gibson-Orville-Les-Paul-Custom-Made-in-Japan-MIJ_W0QQitemZ180317475396QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item180317475396&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orvilles are good guitars, definetely on-par with Tokai, but you have to remember there are different grades of Orville's just as there are different grades of Tokai's.

Generally the ones that say "Orville by Gibson" on the headstock are the higher end models, and the 'K' Series Orvilles like this one are regarded as the low-end models. While still probably a very good guitar, but IMO a bit on the expensive side, about ?400 would be nearer the mark, saying that it does look in very good condition, so maybe I'm being a bit unfair
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: