Greco EGF850, EGF1000. EGF1200, EGF1800

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koubayashi

Reaction score
Hello

New to this forum.

Short story. I am a "Gaijin" in Japan (foreigner).
I have been shopping Japanese guitars madly through the years and have seen the prices go from barely nothing to hundreds of thousand yen just over 2-3 years.

Well, my point is that I have a fairly large collection of high end grecos and others but I am now into collecting Fender and Gibson vintage only.

I want to keep one of each of my Japanese "collectors" so the rest will most likely be for sale (about 50 guitars in total).

I just wonder where I should sell them. Are the prices good back home in Europe? I have noticed that many Japanese dealers price them higher than for example on e-bay.co.uk.

You could sell them here :D
A lot of fans of MIJ guitars. Snd you want them to get a nice home I suppose?

PetJyr said:
You could sell them here :D
A lot of fans of MIJ guitars. Snd you want them to get a nice home I suppose?

I don't mind to sell them here, it is just that I want good prices for them :D

They are rather pricey in Japan now and some friends told me I make more money selling them in Japan.

Hi Mate, it is a really bad time to be selling guitars anywhere, the exchange rates are crap, {Almost double for some countries}, so i'd hang off for a while until the market evens out. Just my opinion.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi Mate, it is a really bad time to be selling guitars anywhere, the exchange rates are crap, {Almost double for some countries}, so i'd hang off for a while until the market evens out. Just my opinion.

Mick

I have thought about that as well.
However, I bought most of them years ago when they were dirt cheap.

Hurry and sell, they might be again since the prices are dropping on everything in times like these. :eek:

bart said:
Hurry and sell, they might be again since the prices are dropping on everything in times like these. :eek:

The market goes up and down. Patience is a virtue

Latest posts

Back